02 Kits

Timmy

You whit, are a twit...

Pretty quick whitted of you to jump up and carry on over the content of timmy list...pitty you didn't take a nano second to think first, instead of making yourself look like a twit

Timmy is involved in a first aid organisation, so there are varying skill levels - keep that in mind

BVM's = you cant figure out why they have adult and paedi sizes?

Pocket Mask = not all levels of first aid are trainied to use BVM's

3 suction units =There are not 3 suction there is 2. Oxygen powered, and hand powered because of the fact that the other uses up the oxygen supply (Duh)

Yankuer sucker = you know that hard sorta tubey thingy they showed you, the suction catheter, yeah, the one ATTACHED to the suctiuon units

Hoses and Adaptors = You know those 02 moving tubey thingies from the regulator to the container that holds the vomit that you sucked up??

The 02 powered suction is fine, provided you have the situation warrants using 25LPM of 02, hence the manual suction

I believe I ended my statement with in my opinion

What ever you think I look like, I believe in working smarter not harder.

Well if you want to nit pick? Where is the child BVM, oh maybe there isnt enough room.

Get a battery operated suction. Therefore you dont need a manual one.

Sorry I dont carry any thingys on my ambulance. They all have a name. So I wouldnt know what you are talking about.

Oh god………

What ever you think I look like, I believe in working smarter not harder.

Let me refer to my other posts. “Main reason we carry all that stuff, we cover a lot of standby events, you don’t always have the ambulance to take with you or areas can be quiet difficult to access, having everything in the 1 bag and ready to go is good for us. Sometimes it might be a 15min walk into the bush or something along those lines so it’s just easier to take one bag. Also if it’s a multiple cas situation, there’s enough gear to go round.”

Let me give you an example of a situation I was in the other day. I was providing standby first aid at Thumpercross which is MX bikes going into the bush. A rider came off, it was a 15 min walk, and the terrain is inaccessible for an ambulance, so 2 of us take the 02 kit, collars, spineboard and First aid kit. If you wana carry your flash battery operated suction and airways bag, pedi 02 kit and what ever else then be my guest it’s just more you have to carry. Why not just carry the one bag with everything in it?? What happens if you arrive on scene to find there’s 3 patients? Your going to have to wait another 15mins for another 02 to get there. And bonus our 02 and First Aid kits turns into backpacks.

Hola! this looks like fun!

Whit said

I believe in working smarter not harder.

sounded smart, but then.........

Whit said

Get a battery operated suction. Therefore you dont need a manual one.

And where and how would you like to carry this larger, heavier more expensive piece of gear, and how is this easier that will not fit in the bag Timmy already has, and how exactly is this smarter

Whit said

10 years ago everything was in one bag, hence the word first in bag, It worked great

It is all in one bag...

Whit said

Now everything needs its separate bag. It dosent work any better you just need 20 people to carry all the equipment.

Im sure timmy will have more than 1 bag, and the first thing in will be that shinier, heavier, larger more expensive battery operated suction unit, which is harder - yet smarter

becksdad said

We have esentially the same equipment in the airway bag as you do

I guess Timmy is not living in a blackhole then.....

Whit said

who gets to carry that? I have an idea, why dont we just put a handle on the top of the ambulance and we can just drag it upstairs.

See you wern't reading from the start were you...

Timmy said

Main reason we carry all that stuff, we cover a lot of standby events, you don’t always have the ambulance to take with you or areas can be quiet difficult to access, having everything in the 1 bag and ready to go is good for us

Whit said

Well if you want to nit pick? Where is the child BVM, oh maybe there isnt enough room.

2 sizes of bag - Adult and Paedi - Infants bags are not usually used as it is much more reliable and effective to teach first aiders to do effective mouth to mouth on an infant rather than an overzealous and well meaning person blowing the kids lungs apart with a BVM

Jeez, i think Timmis bag is actually smart then, whod a thought that!

BushyfromOz wrote:

And where and how would you like to carry this larger, heavier more expensive piece of gear, and how is this easier that will not fit in the bag Timmy already has, and how exactly is this smarter

If you didnt carry a hundred pound airway bag you wouldnt have to worry about a ten pound suction unit.

BushyfromOz wrote:

It is all in one bag...

So its not an O2 bag, its a first in bag.

BushyfromOz wrote:

2 sizes of bag - Adult and Paedi - Infants bags are not usually used as it is much more reliable and effective to teach first aiders to do effective mouth to mouth on an infant rather than an overzealous and well meaning person blowing the kids lungs apart with a BVM

Provide evidence of the above statement please.

Timmy wrote:

Let me refer to my other posts. “Main reason we carry all that stuff, we cover a lot of standby events, you don’t always have the ambulance to take with you or areas can be quiet difficult to access, having everything in the 1 bag and ready to go is good for us. Sometimes it might be a 15min walk into the bush or something along those lines so it’s just easier to take one bag. Also if it’s a multiple cas situation, there’s enough gear to go round.”

You didnt state that in your first post.

15 minute walk into the bush carrying all that equipment? Sounds like fun where do I sign up(sarcasm)

Listen if you dont like the answers you get when you ask a question, maybe you shouldnt ask the question.

If you are taking my answer personal, them I am sorry,

I was stating my opinion.

If your question would have started it out with, Hi Im Timmy, we are first responders that for the most part are standby personell at sporting events, just wondering what other equipment people might use in the same situation.

Then we wouldnt have had this problem.

Any way good luck.

Ill be waiting for the evidence that mouth to mouth is a more effective way at oxygen delivery then and infant BVM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.