02 Kits

Timmy

Just wondering what you guys have in your 02 Resuscitation Kits?

I’ll get the ball rolling with what we keep in our kits but would love any input and add ons to my list. Would also love to hear about any little knickknacks you couldn’t live without

Cylinder

Laser Regulator

Disp. Adult BVM

Disp. Peads BVM

Adult Pocket Mask W/ 02 Inlet

Hand Suction

02 Powered Suction

Yankee Suction

Adult 02 Masks

Kids 02 Masks

Airways

Ventolin

Spacers

O Rings

Various hoses and adaptors

Gloves

Vomit Bags

Various Spare Equipment

Pupil Torch

02 Key/Rench

Hi Timmy, a quick question for you what the hell do you carry that lot for. All we carry is the following:-

Cylinder inc Valve

Adult Non Rebreather Masks

Child Non Rebreather Masks

Adult Therapy Masks

Child Therapy Masks

Suction

Oro and Naso Airways

Adult Nebuliser Mask

Child Nebuliser Mask

BVM with Adult Mask

Timmy - I love the differences in language and common phrases. Every time I see the term "pupil torch" I get this image of taking an acetyline torch to someone's eyes! I know what you mean of course, but we call it a penlight.

We have esentially the same equipment in the airway bag as you do - minus barf bags and extra stuff like hoses, adapters, and the like. I don't quite understand why you guys have pocket masks if you have BVM's. We have battery powered portable suction seperate from the bag, but it would be nice to have some sort of suction included in the bag. As it is, our portable suction is a piece of equipment that has to be unplugged and lugged seperately. A bit awkward and time wasting at times.

Also, ALS stuff is in the bag (intubation kit, nebulizers, albuterol & duoneb, cric kit, etc.). Sounds like you guys have all the BLS stuff you would need. Some of the extra stuff like hoses, adapters, and whatever extra "equipment" you mentioned could maybe be eliminated to lessen weight and increase portability. Just an idea, not sure of what extra stuff you mean...

Thanks for you feedback everyone, much appreciated.

taff3432- Main reason we carry all that stuff, we cover a lot of standby events, you don’t always have the ambulance to take with you or areas can be quiet difficult to access, having everything in the 1 bag and ready to go is good for us. Sometimes it might be a 15min walk into the bush or something along those lines so it’s just easier to take one bag. Also if it’s a multiple cas situation, there’s enough gear to go round.

Becksdad- We carry extra hoses and adapters mainly if we cant access a patient or if there in a confined space. I’ve only used the extension hoes once at speedway, you can sit the 02 kit on the roof out of everyone’s way and it allows more working space in the car. We carry pocket masks purely for a backup, there’s been a situation were the members were called to an arrest, ripped the BVM out of the bag and it ripped. You can always trust pocket masks lol.

I ask this question as were having an equipment up grade and I just wanted some different views on what we should carry before we go out and start buying.

Thanks again guys!

Our "O2 bag" is for everything, except Trauma. On trauma, we take the O2 bag and the trauma bag. Our O2 bag contains:

Bottle w/ reg

2 Adult NRB

2 Adult NC

2 Ped NRB

2 Ped NC

NPA set

OPA set

Pulse Ox

Glucometer

BVM

BP cuffs(all sizes)

Several Stethoscopes

Some sterile sheets and trauma dressings

Small sharps container

Shears

Glucose

I think that is everything. I am doing this off the top of my head. We made some changes recently, so I may have left something out.

Timmy wrote:

Just wondering what you guys have in your 02 Resuscitation Kits?

I’ll get the ball rolling with what we keep in our kits but would love any input and add ons to my list. Would also love to hear about any little knickknacks you couldn’t live without

Cylinder

Laser Regulator

Disp. Adult BVM

Disp. Peads BVM

Adult Pocket Mask W/ 02 Inlet

Hand Suction

02 Powered Suction

Yankee Suction

Adult 02 Masks

Kids 02 Masks

Airways

Ventolin

Spacers

O Rings

Various hoses and adaptors

Gloves

Vomit Bags

Various Spare Equipment

Pupil Torch

02 Key/Rench

Thanks Very Happy

who gets to carry that? I have an idea, why dont we just put a handle on the top of the ambulance and we can just drag it upstairs.

3 different suction devices?

if you have 20 BVM's with you, why do you need pocket masks?

Remember everything that goes up must come down, including that 200lb pt.

And what the heck are various hoses and adapters?

10 years ago everything was in one bag, hence the word first in bag, It worked great. Now everything needs its separate bag. It dosent work any better you just need 20 people to carry all the equipment.

Now for what I cant live without: The national guard to carry all the equipment upstairs

Sorry just my opinion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.