do you carry anything when your off duty?

BUDS189

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

screw them all, they can die. No I refuse to carry anything. My cell phone is the only thing I always have with me even then no guarantee I will use it.

In my car I have a small airway kit, just enough to attempt keeping someone alive until EMS arrives which hopefully is quickly.

If they die.....more food for the rest of us.

Anybody know the origins of the term "jump kit" anyways?

I find it incredibly gay.

If I am not mistaken the turn actually ooriginated from the fact that it was the first bag to be grabbed as you "jumped" off the apparatus at the scene, airgo the jump bag name got coined. My department no longer calls it a jump bag its called a BLS bag but if you ask a non EMS person what a BLS bag is you may get some interesting looks however the jump bag term seems to be universal.

NO MAN JUMP KITS ARE AWESOME ITS JUST LIKE YOU JUMP ON OUT OF THE AMBULANCE, DO A ROLL, AND BOOOKOW!!! LIFES SAVED ALL OVER THE PLACE! WOOOOOO!!!!

---- JUMP MASTER MEDIC

If I am not mistaken the turn actually ooriginated from the fact that it was the first bag to be grabbed as you "jumped" off the apparatus at the scene, airgo the jump bag name got coined. My department no longer calls it a jump bag its called a BLS bag but if you ask a non EMS person what a BLS bag is you may get some interesting looks however the jump bag term seems to be universal.

We don't use the term jump bags either. On our trucks you got the red bag, and the orange bag. Red for medical, orange for trauma.

Wait.... Is this a joke???? :lol:

No man I'm not joking. I bought an old van style ambulance that AMR was getting rid of and modified to my liking. Then I spent three entire month's paychecks on getting all this cool stuff from a Gall's catalog. Now I just drive around the city, everynight, even on the weekends, and just wait for things to happen, so I can bust out my skills and hopefully impress a person or two. Who knows, maybe I'll even get a date out of it...

Also, please refer to my post on the second page (second post from the top)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.