do you carry anything when your off duty?

BUDS189

Oh man, where do I start

In my POV I have:

Dyna Med BLS Trauma Kit (Fully Stocked)

Dyna Med ALS Trauma Kit (Fully Stocked)

Dyna Med ALS Airway Kit including - O2 (with three back up tanks), intubation kit, 5 pedi NCs, 5 Adult NCs, 5 Pedi NRs, 5 Adult NRs, 2 Pedi BVMs, 2 Adult BVMs, 2 CombiTubes, various sized airway adjuncts, Suction (Battery Powered and Hand Powered), Cric Kit, etc...

Various sized Collars

Dyna Med Long Board

Dyna Med Short Board

KED

Stokes

Scoop Stretcher

Stair Chair

5 - 1000 Bags of NS

10 each - 24 gauge, 22 gauge, 20 gauge, 18 gauge, 16 gauge, 14 gauge catheters

Various ALS Medications

OB Kit

Gunshot Kit

Various CB Radios, Lights, Sirens

I got one of those cool Decal Kits from Galls, so people and identify and flag me down if needed in an emergency

Life Pack 12

Back up AED

Spotlight with 3,000,000 candle power

Full sized maglights (1 blue, 1 red, 1 black)

Pedi BP Kit

Adult BP Kit

7 Differently Styled Stethoscopes

6 pairs of backup shears

53 clip boards, with three packs of 100 pens each, just in case I have to handle an MCI alone, and need to get Patient Information

Tape Measure

Window Punch

Broselow Tape

Haligan

6 Different Fire Extinguishers

Airbags for extrication

Jaws of Life w/ generator

Accident reconstruction kit

17 body bags

Battery powered cooler for Body Parts

10 lb Sledge Hammer with interchangle rubber and metal mallets.

Circular Saw

Chain Saw (just a mini, I don't wanna be too extreme and be labeled as one of those Wackleer people)

Well that's is some of what I have... I don't wanna keep going, I know everyone is getting jealous

And as for what I keep on my person:

I'm usually always wearing my BDU styles pants, with my pockets filled with various life saving equipment and supplies. I keep two pairs of shears in my breacher pocket, along with a mini maglight. On my Duty belt, I have a different pager for the surrounding three towns, so I can hear everything that is going on. I have two personal cell phones, just in case I have to call 911 and a battery dies. I have two holsters that carry a total of 4 trauma shears, 2 bandage shears. 2 tweezers, and 2 mini mags. I also have a glove pouch that holds thirteen pairs of gloves. I also carry five more extra pairs in each of my back pockets. I also have my fanny pack with a basic first aid kit, pocket mask, glucometer, and my Glock. I also always make sure I'm wearing a t-shirt that easily Identifies me as a healthcare provider. I make sure I always have my badge with me, which I keep on a chain around my neck at all times, along with a back up in my wallet, on my belt, and in my glovebox. I also keep a pair of shears in each of my boots, and also a 14" hunting knife strapped to both my legs.

I guess that is most of it, but there is probably more.

My new Gall's Catalog just came in today also, so I'll beable to update this list significantly tomorrow. Gotta love next day shipping.

Stay Safe

Good Lord!! :roll:

Just for clarification were talking about your own car and not an ambulance??? Would there be any reason as to why on earth you would need this much gear in your own car?? Do you not have an ambulance service close by? Have you ever used it before? Wouldn’t it all expire before you got the chance to use it… Dude how big is your car?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, where do I start

In my POV I have:

Dyna Med BLS Trauma Kit (Fully Stocked)

Dyna Med ALS Trauma Kit (Fully Stocked)

Dyna Med ALS Airway Kit including - O2 (with three back up tanks), intubation kit, 5 pedi NCs, 5 Adult NCs, 5 Pedi NRs, 5 Adult NRs, 2 Pedi BVMs, 2 Adult BVMs, 2 CombiTubes, various sized airway adjuncts, Suction (Battery Powered and Hand Powered), Cric Kit, etc...

Various sized Collars

Dyna Med Long Board

Dyna Med Short Board

KED

Stokes

Scoop Stretcher

Stair Chair

5 - 1000 Bags of NS

10 each - 24 gauge, 22 gauge, 20 gauge, 18 gauge, 16 gauge, 14 gauge catheters

Various ALS Medications

OB Kit

Gunshot Kit

Various CB Radios, Lights, Sirens

I got one of those cool Decal Kits from Galls, so people and identify and flag me down if needed in an emergency

Life Pack 12

Back up AED

Spotlight with 3,000,000 candle power

Full sized maglights (1 blue, 1 red, 1 black)

Pedi BP Kit

Adult BP Kit

7 Differently Styled Stethoscopes

6 pairs of backup shears

53 clip boards, with three packs of 100 pens each, just in case I have to handle an MCI alone, and need to get Patient Information

Tape Measure

Window Punch

Broselow Tape

Haligan

6 Different Fire Extinguishers

Airbags for extrication

Jaws of Life w/ generator

Accident reconstruction kit

17 body bags

Battery powered cooler for Body Parts

10 lb Sledge Hammer with interchangle rubber and metal mallets.

Circular Saw

Chain Saw (just a mini, I don't wanna be too extreme and be labeled as one of those Wackleer people)

Well that's is some of what I have... I don't wanna keep going, I know everyone is getting jealous

And as for what I keep on my person:

I'm usually always wearing my BDU styles pants, with my pockets filled with various life saving equipment and supplies. I keep two pairs of shears in my breacher pocket, along with a mini maglight. On my Duty belt, I have a different pager for the surrounding three towns, so I can hear everything that is going on. I have two personal cell phones, just in case I have to call 911 and a battery dies. I have two holsters that carry a total of 4 trauma shears, 2 bandage shears. 2 tweezers, and 2 mini mags. I also have a glove pouch that holds thirteen pairs of gloves. I also carry five more extra pairs in each of my back pockets. I also have my fanny pack with a basic first aid kit, pocket mask, glucometer, and my Glock. I also always make sure I'm wearing a t-shirt that easily Identifies me as a healthcare provider. I make sure I always have my badge with me, which I keep on a chain around my neck at all times, along with a back up in my wallet, on my belt, and in my glovebox. I also keep a pair of shears in each of my boots, and also a 14" hunting knife strapped to both my legs.

I guess that is most of it, but there is probably more.

My new Gall's Catalog just came in today also, so I'll beable to update this list significantly tomorrow. Gotta love next day shipping.

Stay Safe

Wait.... Is this a joke???? :lol:

Americans

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-pul2.htm

Why do we say pulling your leg when we are teasing or having a joke with someone?

Oh, dear, I wish we knew. People keep asking me this, but there’s very little evidence on which to base a sensible reply. It’s usually said that the term arose in the 1880s in Britain, since the first known reference appeared in W B Churchward’s Blackbirding in that year: “Then I shall be able to pull the leg of that chap Mike. He is always trying to do me”. But Jonathan Lighter, in the Random House Historical Dictionary of American Slang, has found an example from 1821, suggesting that it might both be much older and also known in America as well as Britain (although American sources usually suggest that it is indeed British in origin). There’s also a Scots version to draw the leg that might indicate its homeland is north of the border.

Someone tell Timmy what happened in 1776. No joke, we really seceded!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.