do you carry anything when your off duty?

BUDS189

Id never heard the term "jump kit" or "jump bag" intil i started using online forums.

i just call mine a kit, but ive taken to calling it my "whacker bag"

The first step is admitting i have a problem...............

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit copying me man, I have my 59' Caddy convert a hearse sitting the driveway ready to roll.

And you don't need half that crap to jump a call anyways. Just a couple of trauma pads and a triangular bandage will do in a pinch.

Even installed the cool 'Ghostbusters' siren.

Wana know a scary thing? Until today I had an ambulance sitting in my driveway lol. I’m not joking, a 4x4 Toyota troopy lol. But it’s not mine, just my X!!-volley services.

I have a small decent wilderness first aid kit for camping, which I just decided to throw in my trunk with the spare tire.

It's got 3x3s, small sheers, CPR mask.

Really more than I'd need, just in case something happens and a friend turns and points, "He's an EMT!"

Oh, OK, OK, I also bought a window punch a few years ago when the Crown Victoria's were bursting into flames. It's in the glovebox.

Occasionally when I'm taking off my uniform after work, I find a pair of gloves in a pocket, so I do have a small collection. They come in handy around the house when I'm doing heavy duty cleaning and are especially wonderful when I take out the trash. Other than that, I don't carry anything with me when I'm off duty.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.