1 Pair Skel gloves

1 Field Guide

Belt :

Mini-mag

Radio

2nd pair gloves in pouch

Shirt Pocket : Pen

Ambulance :

Stethescope and smokes anytime for emergencies...

If you use it, keep it on you... Nothing's just for decoration. :?

Required:

BP Cuff (L. cargo - this thing drives me crazy, it rubs my leg raw, but they tell me to have it with me, so there it is), stethoscope (R. cargo), O2 Key (R. shears pocket), black pen (shirt), penlight/flashlight (LED, works as both), trauma shears (R. shears pocket), at least 2 pairs of gloves (R. front pocket), ambulance keys (hooked to D-clip on my belt, otherwise they fall out everywhere), portable radio (anywhere it fits, which is usually nowhere, maybe someday I'll get a belt clip)

Not required:

Area map (R. rear pocket), quick reference guide (R. rear pocket) which I've never used), wallet (L. front cargo) and house keys (clipped with the ambulance keys). Once in a while I actually remember to grab my cell phone.

I always use my left front pocket as my portable garbage bin. I just clear it out whenever I'm near a non-portable.

Not very exciting...

I know people probably think I'm a "wanker" for carrying my stethoscope around my neck, but that beats having to replace it for a THIRD time. So I take it with me....

I thought you were only a "wanker" if you carried it around your neck off duty - at least that's what I read on the wanker thread.

Personally, I can't stand it around my neck - it smacks me in the face, it smacks my patients in the face and it falls off. I leave it in a cargo pocket with the ear pieces sticking out (otherwise they fall off when I pull it out). I'm always impressed with everyone else's mastery of the technique, however.

Two pens, penlight, shears, tape, wallet, personal cell, personal keys, quick-reference spanish guidebook, radio. In my backpack in the rig, I have a spare shirt, any homework I have to do, abbreviations guide, and sometimes a lunch.

(when working :lol: ) I carry:

1.a watch.

2.I have my own radio holder and belt clip( since people in our station are always losing the squad's).

3.Portable Radio.

4.Squad's cell phone ( crappy nextels)

5.Gloves in my back pocket.

6.I have a small leather holster that holds 2 scissors(same reason as mediccjh stated),penlight,O2 wrench.

7.(3) pens (one of the medics I work with always takes my pens.She keeps forgetting hers.Good thing she is not working with me tonight,and does not see me writing this) :lol::D

6.I have a small leather holster that holds 2 scissors(same reason as mediccjh stated

Meh... I dunno about this one. I understand the theory, and I have nothing against being prepared. But that is exactly why I don't think I would ever do this. First of all, my partner will NOT be caught without shears. At least, not more than once. Otherwise, he goes home. And if it is not my partner, then they can either bring their own equipment or gtf out of the way. Carrying other people's equipment for them only enables their laziness, forgetfulness, and complacency, ensuring that they don't make an effort to be prepared in the future. I prefer not to enable these people.

What kind of Hazmat suit and "breathing equipment" do they issue to you down there?

We have class C HazMat suits with Masks, pappers, and filters on each of them. Our agency is in the process of issuing our Mark I kits this year. Our EMS Agency is also in the process of obtaining a class B cert for anyone intrested in obtaining a class B cert HazMat. All new hire employee's who complete our FTO academy completes class C hazMat training.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.