What Do You Carry On Your Person?

I carry a pager , cell phone, walkie, small LED flashlight, narc keys, station keys. in my right cargo pocket: field guide book, 2 good gel pens, 2 'throw down' pens, a small calculator, a calendar. In the left cargo pocket: a soft leather checkbook cover with my certs & DL Senior medic has a small case with some feel goods in it. Actually its a clamshell eyeglasses case. I hate it. hafta keep it closed with a tourniquet tied around it. I once carried a really nice Littman on duty. When it grew legs, I could understand people with suicidal ideation. I never wear a nice watch, only cheap ones. I've rooned 2 really nice watches. There are 2 large d-cell mag-lites in the door pockets of the truck, but more often than not, they don't work, and my LED is brighter anyway. We have multiple level redundancy of just about everything we might need. I do carry shears, mainly for cutting ECG strips (I've never had good luck tearing them over the edge of a counter top) I carry the radio, keys & such on a duty belt that I can shuck in an instant, like if I needed to bunker -up. I wear steel toe slip on shoes. Found em at Academy for 24 bucks.

Rear of belt: Nylon holster with:

Red handled shears

2 pens (whatever I can grab)

1 penlight

2pr gloves

Left cargo pocket:

Personal albuterol inhaler

1 pair gloves

Sometimes my cheapo sprague style singe tube nurse's steth (blue, if anyone cares)

Right cargo pocket:

Cell phone, wallet

Field guide if I'm feeling like I'm going to need it/be really bored posting

Rear right pocket:

Small memo pad

Gotta say, my holster is one of the handiest things ever. Put my radio on my back too, I got really agile and adept at reaching behind myself this summer.

:)

Wendy

NREMT-B

CO EMT-B

MI EMT-B

Screwing with people who wear a fanny pack is a pretty dangerous game, my friend. Everybody I know who wears one keeps a Glock in it. Be careful about the assumptions you make about people. :wink:

Anthony and dusty: GLOCK??s Id really be impressed with a bad ass fanny pack man if he carried a .45 customized by a well respected unit armorer. You dont know my mind set. If I saw you with a fanny pack and I knew you had a Glock, Id screw with you for carrying both.

There is nothing wrong with trying to be high speed.....Just go through the pain of getting there

I carry the following:

Portable Motorola XTS 3000 Radio with OEM Speaker Mic

2 pair Lg gloves

Photo ID Badge with barcode on back to get into depots

Nextel phone

Shears

Company supplied pen light

EMS hat

Copies of DL,and state certs with some cash

2 Pilot G2 Gel pens

Truck Keys

HammerHead XRT Tablet computer for completeing PCR's. All PCR's are electronical down here.

Wal-mart special Wrist watch (God forebid you show up to work without a watch or a pen you'll get written up)

I used to carry stethescope but after a really bad trauma and it getting caught in the door of the ambulance as we tried to load the p/t, that went out the window.

Wal-mart special Wrist watch (God forebid you show up to work without a watch or a pen you'll get written up)

In our extrication bags I have a helmet extrication coat , leather gloves, HazMat suit with mask and breathing equipment.

I have these things shoved in various pockets...

- Radio w/ Mic

- Trauma Shears

- Penlight

- Pens (one for the uniform shirt, and one in my side pocket)

- Critical Care Field Guide

- Gloves

- Note Pad

- Stethoscope

- Gerber Pocket Knife

- Wrist Watch

- Wallet with Certs and Credit Cards

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.