What Do You Carry On Your Person?

-1 for your racist comment which has no place in this forum. (Really, do you feel your post benefited from giving the CNA a race?)

Obviously English is not your first language.

Haitian is a national origin, not a race. Your racist assumptions have no place in this forum, so STFU.

• Like 2

Obviously English is not your first language.

Haitian is a national origin, not a race. Your racist assumptions have no place in this forum, so STFU.

Would you have been happier if I stated that the comment by the poster came off as ethnocentric, or derogatory towards Haitians? Either way, the point was made, and I would respect yours much more if you had not felt the need to take to insulting me in your post. Also, STFU, really? I thought this was a professional forum...

big shears at my back (want to see if I can modify the holster to sit at my left hip)

radio

personal cell phone

carabiner (IV bags from lapel or multiples in unit for transfers,never seems to be enough hooks)

folding gerber knife (used more for opening supplies at base than anything else)

scope around my neck

pen

penlight

notebook in cargo pocket

gloves

broslow tape

Protocol guides are in the truck, and I might start carrying my PALS cards as well because our protocols seem to ignore peds for the most part

my cigarettes and at least 1 lighter

my scope... (narrow ear canals, special fittings.. really wanna hear)

two pens

cel phone

HT

everything else is in the rig or in a kit... and I know EXACTLY where it is

Would you have been happier if I stated that the comment by the poster came off as ethnocentric, or derogatory towards Haitians?

No. I still would have sized you up as a douchebag for making that assumption.

Is there something wrong with being Haitian? You spout off about it as if it is something to be ashamed of. That's a lot more racist than anything Hush said.

Either way, the point was made, and I would respect yours much more if you had not felt the need to take to insulting me in your post.

You want respect? You should have thought of that before you started insulting Hush, you hypocrite.

Also, STFU, really? I thought this was a professional forum...

Sorry, my mistake. I meant GTFO.

• Like 1

I like how the guy gives a reason for everything he carries "on his person". It's like saying, "I carry my own personal drug kit, monitor and trauma pack in my trunk. But that's only because it can take up to three hours for an ambulance to arrive, and I live in a very rural area." Or, "I've rigged our family Suburban to be able to carry two backboards just in case."

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I carry on a duty belt (because I am sick of putting it on my normal belt all the time) Left to right

Pager Case and pager (company)

Radio Swivel Belt Holder (Motorola ATS 2500)

Maglite O Ring (which I rarely use because I normally forget to grab it from the vehicle)

Glove Holder 4 pairs

Paramedic Pouch from Ferno which has my Surefire 6P, Littmann Steth (i keep it on me because of cost), 2 pens, shears, scissors and a sharpie.

Keys for vehicle and station

In pockets are gum, personal phone and company phone.

On my are my radio (attached to belt), speaker mic and ID Card.

Thats it. Not that exciting but thats it.

added something to my person. You can look up a few pages back for my other stuff.

Vics Vapo Rub.

The really tiny jar now sits in my back left hip pocket. After a particularly messy call I found it blocks most if not all bodily fluid/secreation smells. I also added a small jar to each rig incase someone else needs it.

added something to my person. You can look up a few pages back for my other stuff.

Vics Vapo Rub.

The really tiny jar now sits in my back left hip pocket. After a particularly messy call I found it blocks most if not all bodily fluid/secreation smells. I also added a small jar to each rig incase someone else needs it.

The Vapour Rub is a great idea, I will be using that here :) Thanks mate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.