What Do You Carry On Your Person?

Anthony, I'm curious about the shears in your boot. Do you have some sort of holster for them? Or do you just stuff them in next to your sock?
I just stuff them in my boot. Got the idea from AKFlightMedic. My old partner though bought some boots that had a little knife sheath kind of, so he stuffed the shears there.

Since they're mini shears, I'll lose them every few months...but they're $3/each, so I just replace them. I really like a minimalist look, so that's why I don't have a shears holder on my belt.

Since they're mini shears, I'll lose them every few months...but they're $3/each, so I just replace them. I really like a minimalist look, so that's why I don't have a shears holder on my belt.

Plus 5 for the minimalist look. :thumbright:

I don't know if has caught on over in the states but an expression that has been doing the rounds hear in ambulance circles is "The more on the belt the less they know". Which as a general rule works. People who need to walk around with a comfort blanket of pouches as well as an ambulance bag ofern tend to be a bit of a worry.

I don't know if has caught on over in the states but an expression that has been doing the rounds hear in ambulance circles is "The more on the belt the less they know". Which as a general rule works. People who need to walk around with a comfort blanket of pouches as well as an ambulance bag ofern tend to be a bit of a worry.

Yeah, it is true here. You can usually tell who actually has reason to have the crap on their belts and who doesn't. I always have a notebook, pen, gloves, and shears. Ill grab the radio if my driver doesn't.

Where I am at, the last ricky rescue we had wasn't even CPR trained. A kid on the fire side... he didn't last long. Always had foreceps and a roll of tape on his pants. What the hell he was going to do with them? I couldn't tell you. The only time it came in handy was when we taped his locker shut.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets see I carry:

2 pens

rite in the rain notepad

mini copy of protocols

'07 drug guide

stethoscope (usually in the truck)

shears (or rescue hook, depends on which I grab in the morning)

cell phone

wallet (cash, debit card, cards)

2 pairs of magnum sized gloves (large)

I also have a bag in the truck that has a gerber tool, mini mag, some other radnom things. It comes in handy sometimes but it's not stuff i'd carry on me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.