Laws pretaining to FAS in NJ

ghurty

I was having a discussion with a fellow squad member regarding laws governing First Aid squads in New Jersey, and we were trying to find a copy of the laws. Does anyone know where I can find it? Also besides having a red light rather then a blue one, is there any other legal differences between a captain and the rest of the squad.

Most of the laws pertaining to EMS in NJ can be found at http://www.state.nj.us/health/ems/

As far as red light / blue light - I believe NJ Motor Vehicle law states that the only people allowed to have red lights on their car are official (or unmarked) police cars. I don't think first responders are allowed red lights at all under motor vehicle law.

Devin

From my understanding only the organization captian or chief can have a red light other than LEO.

I know the police dept in my town had pushed through my captain's application for her red light permit.

Officers are allowed red lights and such

Everyone else, newly revised, is allowed to have as many blue flashing lights on their car, nothing clear, and nothing that requires altering any part of the vehicle.

Kinda sucks for the Supreme Allied Commander, doesn't it? :?

Does the law also specify what titles you have to use for your officers? :roll:

I once worked in a town that had 6 police officers, and they all had rank. Corporal, sergeant, lieutenant, captain, assistant chief, and chief. That way everybody got a gold badge. :cry:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.