Curiousity

Would you feel safe having any of your coworkers working on you if you were the patient?  

34 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I am curious to know what EMT-B's are capable of doing in other states or countries. I am curious about the things above and beyond what we learn and test for to get our National Registry. For instance here in Minnesota I work with a Paramedic. I am able to do the following things: Combitube, Aspirin, Nitro spray or pill, IV's, Epi-Pen, Defib, glucagon and albuterol by nebulizer. What can you do and what state are you working in?

I'm in school right now and there are only a couple of people I would want working on me if I were the patient. I wouldn't want the majority of my classmates to touch me, my kids, my family and friends with a hundred foot pole. The incompetence and lack of professionalism in this group is baffling...it was like a flashback to junior high.

I would feel comfortable with about half of my crew mates. The other half either thinks they are Doctors even though they are basics or they just do not provide the best patient care. I spend alot of time in the back of the rig when I am on call with certain individuals. It is sad to say but you cannot change a leopards spots.

Most of the people that I run rescue with I would trust with my life, but there are definitely a few that I would never let touch me. There's also this little joke being one of the younger (and somewhat attractive) females in our area that anyone that picked me up in an ambulance would find a way to utilize trauma shears!

my service being as small as it is, i would definetly trust with my life if something wree to happen...actually last week i choked on something and had to have one of my partners do the heimlich on me...it was not pretty but it was good that they were around.

Approximately a little over 50 %, which is more than I could say with EMT's over-all. Either they are too ignorant in emergency medicine, or to stupid to realize that they are not truly don't know it.

There is a difference in ignorance & stupidity. Stupidity is not wanting to grow in education or thinking you have already learned it all. Ignorance is just not knowing, which is o.k. if you recognize & change it.

Be safe,

Ridryder 911

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.