why are you still in ems or not

thecroc

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8) we have our doctors and our nurses and we even have our home health care providers.

ahhh.....then there's the EMT. Where would we be without the EMT ?Lets look at a few examples.....

There's a mother trying to drive her little child who just cut themselves to the hospital all hysterical almost

running everyone off the road while she is trying to drive and apply presssure to her child's wounds at the same time.

A man is trapped in his car/truck after being involved in a head-on collision but cannot remove himself from the mangled wreckage.

It is a privilege, an honor and a great responsibility to serve and to provide health care to those people in our communities who cannot help

themselves. To bring a smile to a young boy or girl who is terrified because they have no idea about what is going to happen to them. To comfort mom

or dad when you assure them that everything is being done to help their loved one through their terrible ordeal. To know that you are making a difference

in someones life. HEY ! someones gotta do it.....and i love doing it...just like some of you do.....keep up the good work guys.

May God truly bless you all. Your brother in EMS, gods_medic :wink:

My first ambulance ride was when I was four, my brother is immune deficient and required a bone marrow transplant. We arrived in the air ambulance to auckland airport and the ambulance officer asked if I would like to ride in the front with him. From that day I was hooked and with dad being a firefighter, EMS was in my blood. Took classes, got ACLS at 18, studied my butt off and like God's medic said, when you hold someone in your arms and comfort them, when you have a patient that was in major pain when you arrived and have them arrive at hospital in lesser pain and even giggling (not always from the meds either lol :)).

I was first on scene at a major MVC when i was 20 on my way home from nursing class and i had four patients to care for and direct a group of bystanders and first responders to help. To hold a lady in my arms when she took her last breath, have her family come and say their good byes as we did CPR, hold a man in the back seats hand as he slipped into a coma that he would never wake from again, but talk to him and let him know that he wasnt alone, just the privledge of being part of these peoples lives to at least try to ease their suffering and pain, is a reason that up until 2 months ago, I was in EMS.

I left due to bullying and harrasment as the age old practice of dog eat dog and EMS eating their young. I am almost at the end of my RN training and continue to make a difference in peoples lives in another way, one day I will return, when I finish my paramedic degree and continue what I was born to do. To be an Advanced Paramedic and to know that each day a difference is made, whether it be a transfer from hospital to home or attempting to revive a cardiac arrest, a difference will be made, and I will be serving along with my EMS brother's and sister's on this site and be part of that family again. You can take me out of EMS for a short while, but you will never take EMS out of me.

Pro utilitate Hominum - For the service of mankind

Scotty

The money.........

The retirement...........

The satisfaction that I am making my community a better place............

Being associated with a professional career.............

The high educational standards.............

The free drugs!!!!!!!

(God, i've got to lay off the dope!)

The money.........

The retirement...........

The satisfaction that I am making my community a better place............

Being associated with a professional career.............

The high educational standards.............

Lies made baby Jesus cry, you know.

i was a radioman in the navy before i statred doing this, this is the only job i had since i've been out of the navy that i love. i feel the same pride i did when i was serving my country. and its a great opp... for me to futher my education in becoming a PA or MD

Why am I still in EMS? Probably because I am a glutton for punishment..... :D

Actually, it is because I really enjoy my job, I like being a paramedic and I can't imagine doing any other job.

I actually left a pretty decent paying job in a truck repair shop (yes, one of the companies that makes those great big am-bu-la-sauruses) because I REALLY hated my job.

14 years of EMS and still loving it.....

P40

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.