"Diagnostic Quality" of a 12 Lead compared to a 3

BEorP

Mobey, can you read? Honestly, he is a paramedic student. You are not even a PCP yet per your profile. It's like the pot insulting the kettle. How about you wait till you're done with class before telling people what to do?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JPINFV,

Can you read? I believe that Mobey is talking with Buddah and not me! I merely put down what I had learned in my class about twelve leads. Yes, i am a paramedic student, and I am doing ride time on the ambulance and every medic I have ridden with has had no problem with my twelve lead interpretation. I never told anybody what to do or how to do it. I was only helping to answer a question that someone asked. So far all you have done is attack people and added absolutely nothing of value to this topic. I am not sure where you get off cutting others down when you have done absolutely nothing but bad mouth and bash others. I hope this clears this little misunderstanding up. Have a nice day!

Well, his first post where he goes off on basics using cardiac monitoring was right after your post and before buddah joined this thread. Or he can tell the future by almost 4 and a half hours.

Well I find what you said to be troublesome because I never said a word about diagnosing anything from a twelve lead. I only stated what I had been taught about twelve leads which was similar to what AZCEP had posted regarding the frequency range of monitoring and diagnostic quality. I wouldn't even think of basics using 3 lead monitors to diagnose AMI because here in the great state of Indiana an EMT-Basic cant even use a pulse oximetry. So if you actually read what I wrote and what Mobey wrote then they are not even related. However, in Mobey second post he talked of accepted standards and I also never stated anything of accepted standards, that was Buddah. So now that I have given you a play by play on this topic maybe you can quit insulting people and just contribute subject matter that is helpful to all. Thank you!

JPINFV....Calm down, take a valium, have a hot bath whatever you need to do.

My original post was aimed @ the original post about using 3 lead to diagnose. I am not attacking anyone. I am simply stating a PCP student should not diagnose an MI off his 3 lead alone, in the back of an ambulance and start treating off that diagnosis. I realize i am a nobody student to say such a bold statement thats why I put it in a question form. Lets not forget I am also a PCP student (for 6 more days) in canada. Paramedics can come to whatever conclusions they like, thats what they are trained for. Basics need to remember thier scope of training, just because they are told something on a forum doesent mean it applies to them. Again I am speaking to everyone regarding basics only.

At eaze soldier.

Mobey

Must be a US/Canada thing.

First, I NEVER suggested that diagnosis should be done by 3 lead - or by basics.

Accepted standards, meaning AHA Guidelines. Refer to the Acute Coronary Syndromes Algorithm. Follow the algorithm from initial ECG to the high risk stratification box "ST elevation or new or presumably new LBBB: strongly suspicious for injury (ST-elevation MI)". From here, the algorithm indicates ST elevation greater than 1 mm in two or more contiguous leads and goes on to point out that greter than 90% of patients with ischemic type chest pain and ST segment elevation will develop new Q waves or positive serum markers.

JPINFV....Calm down, take a valium, have a hot bath whatever you need to do.

My original post was aimed @ the original post about using 3 lead to diagnose. I am not attacking anyone. I am simply stating a PCP student should not diagnose an MI off his 3 lead alone, in the back of an ambulance and start treating off that diagnosis. I realize i am a nobody student to say such a bold statement thats why I put it in a question form. Lets not forget I am also a PCP student (for 6 more days) in canada. Paramedics can come to whatever conclusions they like, thats what they are trained for. Basics need to remember thier scope of training, just because they are told something on a forum doesent mean it applies to them. Again I am speaking to everyone regarding basics only.

At eaze soldier.

Mobey

Ahh, my mistake then. When I see PCP, I think Canadian EMS. When I see "basic," I think American EMS. I connect PCP with BLS, but not with the term "Basic."