Most calls?

EMTBgirl

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time someone says the "Q" word.

Or when I have something important to get done.

And you are correct Jake, there is no such time incrament as 24:01. Marinal time or Military time as most call it, ends at 23:59:59 and begins at 00:00 hrs.

Just Sayin

• 1 month later...

Most of our calls come in either real early Sunday morning(old people dont handle getting up for church well) or Saturday day or evening.

full moon is always good for a few we are a tourist destination so summer is busier. But the worst calls are usually around 3 in the mornin

The first and the fifteenth of the month - ie welfare check days. Time on the clock wise it seems between 8-9 am and around 5 pm. Usually wrecks related to morning/afternoon commute OR the offgoing doc is shipping them off or the incoming doc doesn't want to deal with them :rolleyes2: . Other than that, it seems Wednesday is the busiest day for some bizarre reason. Though with trauma season begining, it'll kick up on the weekends guaranteed.

1) Cardiac call volume seems to increase in the 24 to 48 hour window after the snow stops falling, as that is when the people come out to shovel their walks, and develop chest pains and AMIs from overexertion. Same window for injuries related to folks falling in the snow, as they venture outside.

2) The time goes 23:59:58, 23:59:59, 24:00:00, 00:00:01, with some going 23:59:58, 23:59:59, 00:00:00, 00:00:01. Follow with your area's common usage.

I run my tired butt all day with very little downtime. I work 16hr shifts and its not uncommon for us to run 15 people to the hospital.(this is minus release at scenes, and AMA's) The company runs as a whole anywhere from 300-400+ calls a day. Sometimes we get to sit for some time but thats a crapshoot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.