you know you're in urban ems if...

I think I got youse guys:

Because you have a frequent flier, who might go to the hospital several times during an 8 hour shift, your partner has an extra book of Ambulance Call Reports already filled out, except for times and vital signs, added as they are used. 25 reports per book, my partner got industrious while doing that overtime on a different ambulance than his regular!

You know all the bums by first and last name, SS#, where they hangout, what they drink, and all their ins. info.

A nosebleed call turns into a code that you work on the boardwalk in front of 50 + people. All of whom go "ahhh" when you crack ribs and when you defib.

And then get angry when Paramedic yells at them, so you end up calling for "ACPD to respond forthwith to location for an extremely hostile crowd" :roll:

You just don't go down certain streets without ACPD

You get caught f*cking up on DriveCam, and get yanked from driving, you become an EDP from all the charts you write.

You PAY people to take your Fri and Sat night shifts.

Ahh, Urban EMS......I wont miss you a bit!

Why? You think ACPD is going to help you? HA! Just like they "secure" a shooting scene, and 30 people (all bystanders) still walk in and out of the complex. (Liberty School House ring a bell?)

And don't blame us dude!!! There are some EMT's just as cocky with people! So there! :D

Camden isnt that bad, we just have to make sure PD is at every call and try not to stop without our doors locked.

bay.

Friends that are Ex. UMDNJ tell stories of multi gsw with no PD just grab and go or ems pulling pd out of line of fire during shootout.

Why? You think ACPD is going to help you? HA! Just like they "secure" a shooting scene, and 30 people (all bystanders) still walk in and out of the complex. (Liberty School House ring a bell?)

And don't blame us dude!!! There are some EMT's just as cocky with people! So there! :lol:

Eh, ACPD did get fairly good towards the end of my run with ACEMS.

The Medic I was referring to, referred me to you! 8)

.....when the MOTHER of the 5 month pregnant, 18yr old drunk, cigarette smoking ditzy female gets arrested (along with her ENTIRE family) for DC. In between all this lovely PD action, she attempts to attack your partner on the way to the ER. She needed to get checked out because the cops put the handcuffs on too tight when they restrained her uncooperative as* ((BS lawsuit)). Each PD cited her then let her go cause they didn't want to deal with her.

*note to self: try not to brake so hard next time when she unrestrains herself in order to attempt plant her fist in my partners' face. OOPS :wink: :lol:

GAME ON

Camden isnt that bad, we just have to make sure PD is at every call and try not to stop without our doors locked.

However when the yokal from indiana comes up to you and asks, "Scuz me' mam' can u direct me to Ka DAM?" you tell them to cross the bridge to PA before they get themselves shot :) it took me the longets time to actually figure out where he was trying to go.

The best was a time when a local gang whiped out their guns and scared away a junky begging at the window for drugs at a redlight. Yelling dont F* with the docs man!

Working nights in camden is fun :).

Here's another one for the list..

You know your working in urban ems when you cant get in the ER without going through metal detectors and 2 secutity stations. (one to get in the parking lot one at the door)

When the armed hospital police search your trauma pt for weapons before your allowed to take him into the bay.

You work for the U, Camden Division?

I think I got youse guys:

Because you have a frequent flier, who might go to the hospital several times during an 8 hour shift, your partner has an extra book of Ambulance Call Reports already filled out, except for times and vital signs, added as they are used. 25 reports per book, my partner got industrious while doing that overtime on a different ambulance than his regular!

Oh I've done that at my old job.....saves A LOT of time, but we did a lot of routine transports.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.