Anybody work concert venues?

ptfd121

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't blame you... i know people that work for them. most are great people... but some.. ehhhhhhhhhhh

I wan't disparaging thier staff. Trust me even with my gig being strictly medical, EMT's, medics, nurses and docs, we still have our people that are "special" We help out if there is a problem but we don't get stuck somewhere for the entire show taking tickets or watching a door. Actually the house staff really can't direct us too much. We cooperate in the spirit of customer service if they have a problem. I've done everything but bartend at my regular venue, I just would hate to get stuck on a crappy post for the whole gig. 8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My company does flat track and dirt bike races in the middle of the woods as well.. I love work both venues. I love working the flat track races because I get to sit in the middle of the track and watch the race, and I get to meet all of the racers. The people that race around here are 3-4 up to 70-75 years old. So when you have a trauma victim it could be a kid or an adult. I had both in the same day :lol:

The same goes for the back woods racing. From the very young to the elderly racing. I thought it was great because although you don't get a lot of patients you normally get at least 1 really good trauma patient that needs transport and several minor. Of course those people that race like that have a meddle I can't fathom.. one kid hit a ditch and hit his stomach on his handle bars, ended up vomiting up his breakfast. He got right up and started racing again and said he would be fine. I let him go after his dad said it was fine All in a day of fun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.