b.s.calls

kount

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popped pimple that wouldn't stop bleeding.

FD on the scene actually said that he believed it might be "connected to a vein".

Yes, we transported. Grandma was insisting. Pt was her grandson.

On arrival at ER the Doc took the pressure bandage off and revealed... Absolutely nothing.

Unwitnessed fall (Alzheimer's care facility)~30 minutes PTA. Women found sitting in chair enjoying dinner in no real distress.

No urine output. Patient claims otherwise. Initially refuses to go so the nurses surround him until he agrees [they aren't happy when I remind him that it's his choice. Ended up holding the wall for a few hours with him.

Midline burning chest pain that comes and goes with hiccups. Hx of GERD and pt on pepcid.

"Critically low sodium." Called for BLS transport. 10pm. lab values from earlier in the day. Na value per lab report was 120.

SNF unable to place foley. Pt sent to ER right behind SNF. Another few hour wait.

"Pregnant" female who claimed her water has broke. Pt sitting on bed rather dry and with no obvious complaint. 2 things become clear really quickly. Pt is fat, not pregnant and pt is missing a few screws. ER doc convinces patient that she isn't pregnant before she even leaves the house.

Lac with "bathroom covered in blood". Pt has minor cut and staff is just finishing cleaning up what ever mess was made when we arrive.

Any call that involves the words "Davita," "Gambro," "Renal Advantage Inc," "Renal," or "Dialysis" [yes, I know, it comes with the territory for the place I work at, but still...].

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.