Anybody else start with the "deer in the headlights&quo

Ha.. Ha!...:D Yeah, an old bearded man came down from a mountain with some sort of tree blazing and gave us the first set of protocols..... to me and Harvey and Brent......and yes our first unit was a 2 wheeler with real horse power... :wink:

R/r 911

Ask any RN, PA or Paramedic if they felt like they knew what they were doing in school. Betcha at least 8/10 say no way, I thought I was an idiot. Cheer up! It will get easier and better, or you will figure out that maybe this isn't what you wanted after all (and there is absolutely no shame in that).

Let us know when you start hitting the hard classes (O-chem and physiology come to mind...) and we'll do what we can to help ya out! :P

Good luck, keep us updated!

Wendy

NREMT-B

CO EMT-B

MI EMT-B

In Pennsylvania, the EMT class is only an 18 week "let's expose them to it all then let 'em loose" class. No degree required!

As for my undergrad degree, I definately wanted to shoot myself 1/2 way through O Chem I & II!!! I'm pretty much done with my science courses, just have to tie a few loose ends and finish my liberal arts......then onto bigger and better things!!

And, first test was last night, got an 88....but, if you add in the two that I knew the answer to but filled in the bubble and the two that we challenged as a class that I got right....that brings my score up to a 92.....definately slightly more confident in myself!

I just think that the realization that I will, in fact, be performing CPR on a cardiac arrest or transporting an old lady with a broken hip just hit hard, fast, and like a brick!!