Big Shears

dharrill

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Laddie, Lets hear this story and I hope thats not campbell tartan you are wearing in your Avatar!

Somedic

No, the tartan is the City of Bethlehem, PA. A gentleman from Ireland came here, opened up a nice Irish shop, and designed the tartan to reflect the Irish, Scottish, and Welsh upbringings of the Lehigh Valley.

Wow these scissors sound like bomb! Maybe I should get a pair for those Road Race Motorcycle guys who come off there bikes goen at some ungodly speed, into the cement wall. Would they be any good cutting though all the leather they wear for protection?

I have a pair & LOVE em. everyone makes fun of em when they see em but when i cut through leather chaps, jeans, underwear, and a leather belt with a snip they shut up. ive also used them(well the surgeon did) to cut ribs during a thoracotomy. ive also used them to break windows(side windows obviously).

they ARE heavy, but i keep em in my pocket or fanny pack, depending on weather im workin in the ER or on the box.

P.S.

http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4445

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I took the plastic guards off the blades (dremel tool) and can now carry mine in the cargo pocket of my pants. I like it a lot.

I am not at all comfotable with that small-of-the-back holster - it looks like a spine injury waiting to happen if you somehow get knocked to the ground.

I took the plastic guards off the blades (dremel tool) and can now carry mine in the cargo pocket of my pants. I like it a lot.

I am not at all comfotable with that small-of-the-back holster - it looks like a spine injury waiting to happen if you somehow get knocked to the ground.

got any pics of them modified? I hadnt thought of doing that to them. can you still get a good grip on them to break windows without the plastic?

- DANGER DANGER WHACKER ALERT -

Ok, ok....im buying a pair.....

After another bike rider shattering their leg inside their kevlar plated boot ive got the shits with regular trauma shears and im buying a pair.

I broke 2 normal pairs of trauma shears the other day cutting leather of a couple of guys so im now a convert

Lets see how these babies go

They're actually comfortable on the small of my back. No worry for back problems.

well you see, wha happen was, we had a rollover, and I tried using the shears to break door window, using the top handle that looks like a hammer. It worked!

P.S. The lady was bitching when we broke her car windows to let her out. What were we thinking???

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.