FAILED STATE EXAM TWICE 1 PT.

After completing the school, you can take the NR 3 times. If all 3 are failures, you have to take a refresher course at whatever level you tested for and you make have another 3 attempts. Past that I believe you must attend the entire original program.

Don't feel bad. I failed the NR medic exam twice already myself. You might be a horrible test taker like me. :lol:

• 4 months later...

My advice would be don't read into the question, answer what they want!! You cant look into it too much because than you start asking a lot of what if's. I read the hell out of my book and did fine....I am also a bad test taker along with being a bad studier until I took the EMT class's. Read that 3 inch thick book you have A LOT!! I found that if you read the chapters at least twice at totaly different times you will pick up on a lot more stuff. Make sure you know the medical and trauma sheets by heart because the order of them will help you greatly on the test.

Try to become as relaxed as possible during the test. Stressful situations improve memory of that event, but decreases your ability to recall information during the event.

I find that one valium and a stiff shot of whiskey just before a test helps me.

But seriously, I just pm'd you with some practical top notch advice.

Did your exam results give you scores by categories? eg Trauma, Medical, OB, Airway?? If so, spend the most study time on the areas with the lowest scores. A lot of times that "failed by 1 pt is not really an accurate number - it just tells you that overall you failed the test. What I've been told about the NR exam is that it's not even the number of questions you get wrong, but the actual questions themselves are weighted and if you get too many of the "critical" questions wrong you get an overall failure in the category. Could someone else with more familiarity about the test confirm/negate this info?

In any case, keep trying. The only people I know who have never passed the test are the ones who have given up trying - usually just after one or two attempts. All the people I know who initially had trouble, but were determined to pass - did so, by continuing to review the material and take practice tests.

dfa0e4c1b1.jpg

This is becoming epidemic. :?

Original post was 9 months ago folks, and she hasn't been back. I am betting she has moved on to a new hobby by now.

ok here is what I see

On september 25 Sledogg1 posted the last reply from the first session of replies

Then on Feb 04 2007 EMSMonster (33 posts) posted on this and 3-4 people replied

Then on June 12, 2007 Mustangx (2 posts) posted and it's been living dead since then

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.