Presidential Candidate who is also a Paramedic?

BW

Would you at least check out a presidential candidate who is PRO EMS?  

18 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

It all depends on their thoughts and views and proven decisions are. Just because they passed a test in EMS, does not mean they have the same views as mine. I know I disagree, with many of my co-workers politically. As well, I would be concerned, that is the only credential they would have...

R/r 911

I'm with Rid. It couldn't hurt the candidate in my eyes. But that would only come into play after a stance on positions had been made, political ideology made known, experiences examined etc...

There's more to being president than meets the eye. Just look at the last two presidents we've had. I don't think either of them really had even the slightest idea what they were getting themselves into.

-be safe.

I rarely agree with my EMS friends politically that is, so yes I agree, I think it would be good to have a PRO EMS president, but yes he has to have values that I can agree with.

It all depends on their thoughts and views and proven decisions are. Just because they passed a test in EMS, does not mean they have the same views as mine. I know I disagree, with many of my co-workers politically. As well, I would be concerned, that is the only credential they would have...

R/r 911

It doesn't matter whether a candidate is pro or con a specific issue. They'll end up doing what's in their best interest anyway. I would not vote for anyone (local or national) simply because they are pro-EMS. I am one of the few people I know that actually researces the candidates and rather in depth as well. I like to make informed decisions.

Well said.. the main stream doesn't make decisions on its own anymore, it just follows the media. It takes time and effort to make informed decisions, political or otherwise!

I wouldn't vote for somebody just because of one issue although being pro EMS would be a positive. I suspect most politicians are like the general public in that they don't know the difference between an EMT and a paramedic. They think everybody that gets off the rig is either a paramedic or an ambulance driver. We really need a grass roots public education effort in order to promote ourselves.

I'm curious as to which end of the political spectrum holds most EMS'ers. Since we are all people first I think you will find us throughout the entire range of the spectrum with most centered around the middle. Extremes of anything are usually bad.

Interesting way to discuss politics even if it is in generalities.

Live long and prosper.

Spock

So what major areas do you hold important that you think are different from the average EMS provider's view?

Respectfully,

BW

Being a paramedic, doctor, or dog catcher would not influence my vote. The job of being the President is probably the hardest job in the world and I base my vote on their views. I am probably on the opposite end of the political spectrum of most EMS Professionals

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.