EMT Clothing

mtnsldr

ok i have a question i started lookin at this tread a couple days ago cause i was also interested in some pants....but seriously how in the heck did we instantly go from findin a pair of pants, to freakin accusin every one and his brother of been a whacker, to now wat you will need and how many times u will use something on an MVA....can we please talk about clothes AGAIN!!!!!

this thread is the most random thing ive seen on this website so far

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youve not been here very long and not everybody accused everyone else of being a whacker.

WE talked about pants and stuff and then like every other good thread, this when from one border to the next.

You should have piped up before this if you didn't agree with or were not happy with the way it was going.,

If you want to know more about pants and such then post a question instead of complaining.

For those who want more info on pants...

Pants

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pants are clothing for the body above the ankles and below the waist. The term is an abbreviation of pantaloons, a plurale tantum. However, it has two distinct meanings which vary between regions:

In most varieties of English, pants refers to a long outer garment worn over the hips and legs, which in British English are called trousers. In this context, "trousers" can either be synonymous with "pants" or have a more formal connotation. Therefore, all trousers are pants, but not vice-versa; jeans are pants but not trousers, while slacks (formal pants) are both. This definition is consistent with other languages such as the Spanish pantalones, which is contrasted with pantalones cortos (shorts, or literally "short pants").

In British English, the term pants refers to undergarments known variously as underwear or underpants. It is a catch-all term that can denote anything from g-strings to boxer shorts, but all have the common feature that they are worn under trousers, skirts or pyjamas. The word "pants" has acquired humorous connotations in the last few decades, largely among younger people. Many stand-up comedians have used the word adjectively as a light pejorative term, especially when substituting other nouns in famous quotes or excerpts with the word "pants". In Japan, the word pantsu (パンツ) is a loanword from the English word "pants" and refers to underpants; however, it is worth noting that in some parts of Northern England the converse is true, i.e. pants refers to trousers.

Other uses

Also in the UK "pants" can be used as a slang word for something that is below par.

In Canadian drug use slang, "pants" can sometimes be a codeword for heroin.

Pants is considered by some an inherently funny word, e.g. the Spongebob Squarepants episode about ripped pants.

Clarence "Pants" Rowland was a former manager for Major League Baseball's Chicago White Sox, guiding them to the 1917 World Series title.

To pants someone (used interchangeably with "de-pants") colloquially means to pull a victim's pants down in public

Ok so that about covers the pants issue, yes, no??

Peace,

Marty

:rr:

Michael Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:13 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the summer a dog wears a coat and pants (think about it).

scaramedic Posted: Pants

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...

scaramedic Posted: Ok so that about covers the pants issue, yes, no??

:laughing3: :laughing6: :D Thank you for settling the "Pants" issue that info was very enlightening. :D

:laughing3: :laughing6: :D Thank you for settling the "Pants" issue that info was very enlightening. :D

I have an exam tonight and I'm wasting 'brain-bandwidth' and filling the precious few brain cells left with this stuff? Yup.

I love this place!

:geek:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.