• Car
    • Box
    • Van
    • Giant piece of expletive!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We used to call ours either the "box" or plain jane ambulance. But outside of ear range we called it the "s***box", or the "meat wagon"

That's interesting, now I know why EMS crews in Salem S.C. call fire trucks the 'idiotmobile'.

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

We normally call ours truck or by there call signs... I call our ford ambulance jelly bean as its really small and cramped but a good lill truck to drive. We have an old Toyota truck thats only used if we really need an ambulance we call it rusty for obvious reasons lol

"Medical Van" which is what it is, a Plymoth Voyager van with all but the front seats removed and BLS gear loaded in the back. I'm industrial not road. The van is used for medical response within the plant as well as transport of BLS patients to a local hospital ED. ALS calls get a response from the local private ambulance service which will transport by ground or air as needed.

Photo of the van is in my User Pix. Click to view.

I run at the University of Virginia with a department called Medic 5, the UVA helicopter/ground transport truck is called Pegasus so my coworker suggested we call our ambulance the mythological father of this creature- "Poseidion". That way, whenever we drive by them we can shout "Hey Pegasus! Who's your Daddy!"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.