Photo IDs, anyone?

samson722

In Colorado we are required to have our state and CPR certification on us while working. I had a copy shop shrink down the cert, in color and then had it sealed in plastic as well I had the CPR card sealed too. For work we wear a picture ID with first name, last initial and certification level. I'll whip it out for .........................oh wait, nevermind! :D

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we are required to have our EMT license on us while working.

Our county did all fire department members paid & volunteer 2 plastic photo ID cards. One for our wallets & the other with a clip for our uniform. On the front along with our photo and name it has our fire department and our call number. On the back it shows what level of firefighter, EMT, and hazmat you are, along with any other special training. This is not something for whackers as some would say. It helps in many different ways. When mutual response is needed, many times it is just for man power, firefighters show up turn in their ID card to the IC, so it works as countability system, also giving the IC instant information about the person skills, depending on the call IC will know immediately where we can be most useful. We are required to have them at all public service events. Although I have never been asked to show mine other than for scene accountability or when purchasing something for our fire department along with department paperwork. If a patient or their family member ever ask for a photo ID, it will provide them with what they need, knowing I am with the department. We are very rural in our part of the woods, and this system might not be good for everyone, but it works for us. This does in no way take the place of my state EMT license and our state number is not printed on the ID card. But a system like this might be what you are looking for. The cost was fairly cheap since we did it as a entire county, and when a member leaves the department the cards are returned to the department and stored in that members file.

While Im on duty we are required to wear a photo ID card, has your rank, what division your from, bar code, member number ect. We have to wear them around our neck with a lanyard thingy. I hate wearing them but we have too... Also on the back we have usefull phone numbers such as our control center, peer support and duty officer. Our boss says its a good idea to carry them when were off duty as well like if were down the street and an old lady collapses or somthing like that were covered by insurance if we flash our card lol..

• 3 weeks later...

Most medical facilities require photo ID to be worn by their employees, perhaps you can make an arrangement with one to do photo ID's for your volunteer service. Most have their own computer software and can easily make an ID in whatever format you want.

I do carry a license in my wallet, but have never been asked to present it for any reason, other than copying for an employer or renewing my license. Sounds like people there are too anal requesting to see your license or maybe too trusting here.

Anyways, Good Luck!

My city is constantly changing their ID ways....I still have my old photo ID saying that I'm a member of the volunteer corps for the city but still in the same way says that I am a city employee. We recently took photos for new IDs that has a barcode to scan in the instance a MCI or some catastrophe occurs.

Personally I prefer the photo ID because sometimes I use that as my secondary ID to my drivers license, ie cash a check. That is in no way wackerish... It does just seem to be more professional.

Just because someone is volunteer doesnt make them a wacker. MANY volunteer EMTs and first responders worked in many MCIs and catastrophes such as 9/11 and came in quite useful...and in situations like those, a sturdy PHOTO ID is much more sufficient.

But forget what I say. I'm only a basic. :roll:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.