This is incredibly messed up....check this out?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of the problem with this and the world to day is respectability. I just noticed, someone has made a site of Steve Irwin with a game of a sting ray chasing him... and sound bites saying "crikey". Now, really is this funny? Are we all so calloused to human lives and emotions, that juvenile games that truly immature persons would have to say a woo-hoo! Many will say, "what is the big deal.. a little humor?.. What could be more serious than the loss of a human life?

So why is remembrance so important? So that their significance of lives will be remembered. Yes, human lives were destroyed, not only to those that was in the towers, Pentagon, flights that was encountered and yes by the numerous rescuers (F.D., EMS, LEO, etc.). There were survivors that still attempt to go on.. yes, it's easy to say this, when you were not the ones affected.

True, lives are taken everyday and yes, we too should honor and them as well. It is a cold fact, numbers always will supersede those individuals in press releases, etc.

Go back 20 to 30 years, it would had been appalling to be so disrespectful of the dead, and more so to the living, by developing games, parody, and smug remarks. Have we been so entwined with the statement of "it is my right" they forget the other part of that .."being responsible" and being responsible not to harm or offend the innocent others? Again respectabililty and having compassion for another human. Something, appearantly the world has lost.

So what makes an individual to make such games or such? Warped humor, apathy to others so much that they don't care or have respect of the dead or living? Appearantly so.. maybe a make buck or two.. or maybe some form of gratification in their misearable life to make them feel superior... immaturity from those that have never lost loved ones...? Who knows, maybe some research pychologist can form an opinion.

R/r 911

WOW what a heated topic.

Let's not forget about all the other terrorist attacks world wide and all the other tragedies that happen around the world on a daily basis. Did you really think that the U.S. is immune to this kind of stuff? Do you really think you are invincible? Don't forget, the Roman empire was once a super power and look at them now. No one has dominated forever and looking at history no one ever will. 9/11 9/11 9/11 9/11 sick of hearing it. Everything is ever since 9/11 or before 9/11. Instead of 2010 A.D. is the new calendar going to be 10 9/11?

It's not just the U.S. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents

Get over yourselves and look at the world. Get your government to stop screwing with other countries and maybe it won't happen again.

Good thing I am Canada...otherwise I might be labeled as a terrorist and be detained indefinately in a prison just for posting this :roll: Let's see if this post get's deleted.

And just to think if our major companies pulled out of your country, what you would have.. and actually to think of it, what has Canada really ever contributed, except of haven to our draft-dodgers?

R/r 911

The latter part of your posts smacks of ignorance. What a suprise :D Sad really.

Hell, at least your draft dodgers were able think for themselves. Good for them.

Maybe us North Americans should stop driving big ass SUV's and gas guzzling cars and exercise some self restraint. Maybe then your government wouldn't need to go after oil and spin doctor excuses to do so :roll:

Let's see how many other people go on the defensive.

Hey hey there! Leave Canada alone now. I live in the US, yes, and I do enjoy it here. However, I have family up in Canada and I cannot say that it is absolutely wonderful up there. They're actually a pretty damn good country. The reason we don't pay attention to them much is because they keep to themselves and don't like to get involved with other country's business. They are very anti-war and enjoy being a peaceful country. One big contribution they have made recently, though, is their fight against AIDS, which the US has been lacking in.

They are very anti-war and enjoy being a peaceful country.

And the reason that they can enjoy that is because the US keeps them safe.

One big contribution they have made recently, though, is their fight against AIDS, which the US has been lacking in.

Oh really? Can you substantiate that? Can you quote me how much Canadia has spent on AIDS as compared to the US?

And the reason that they can enjoy that is because the US keeps them safe.

Oh really? Can you substantiate that? Can you quote me how much Canadia has spent on AIDS as compared to the US?

They keep us safe from...? I don't recall anyone trying to start any war with Canada in my lifetime.

Canadians:

Basketball

Electron Microscope

Anti gravity flight suit

Heart pacemaker

insulin

Jetliner - The first commercial jetliner to fly in North America was designed by James Floyd

Newsprint

plexiglass

walkie talkie

television system and television camera

telephone and telephone handset

telegraph

zipper

robotic arm on the space shuttle

:wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.