This is incredibly messed up....check this out?

We live in a wonderful country. We have this great and wonderful Constitution that gives ALL of us the RIGHT to free speech. You can say whatever you want without fear of being arrested or placed in "house arrest" until you agree to stop saying what the government or religious leaders want you to.

Never forget that.

You have the right to disagree with the game.

You have the right to agree with the game.

You have the right to make the game.

You have the right to play the game.

You have the right to ignore the game.

You have the right to talk about the game in a forum site without fear of punishment.

Rock on, my friends. Continue with your opinions whether you agree or disagree. But continue to give your opinions and NEVER let anyone take that wonderful RIGHT away from you!

Well put. That just about sums it all up.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see how a cop/firefighter/paramedic who died in 9/11 is any worse of a deal then one who died in a car accident, shooting, fire, etc. So should we ban every game out there because it might offend someone? I lost a friend who was killed during a routine traffic stop (he was gunned down), I don't see that his death was any less important then someone who died in the towers, on the planes, or in Washington.

not a funny swf at all..

i can tell you that.. many years ago I use to run a site similar to ebaums world.. it was tastefully called "mintvideos.com"... we recorded me and my buds doing just messed up crap, and we had a pretty good following for a while.. one day, while surfing through ebaums I watched a video that was their "top of the week".. as it played through; I thought.. wow.. what a great video.. too bad thats me IN THE VIDEO.. and what do I see at the bottom right corner? "EBAUMSWORLD.COM EXCLUSIVE" watermark.. they completely cropped MY video and my watermark, and pawned it off as their own... they've been caught ripping vids more times than michael jackson's been buggerin little boys.. 'aint no thing but a chicken wing... we all know ebaums is lame...

Eric Baumen is the bastard's name btw... a fat little greasy haired piece of garbage.... id love to have him in a grungy basement with a swingin lightbulb one day.. ugh...

I lost some good friends in 9/11, and even though I haven't checked out the game I'll still have to say, "What's the big deal?" Nate's right, officers being gunned down in the line of duty, firefighters caught in fires, EMTs rolling ambulances happen on a much more frequent basis than terror attacks. Their deaths should be no less noble than someone killed on 9/11. I think the issue that makes a 9/11 death more romantic or 'noble' is the fact that many of them knew this would be their deaths and still did it. The same was true for many Soviet firefighters during the Chernobyl mishap, fighting the fire while defecating on themselves from extreme radiation poisoning. But when it comes down to it, they died doing their job, as do many emergency services providers each year, and no one's sacrifice is any less important or less noble.

As for the game, it may be in poor taste, but like other forms of entertainment its up to you to decide what's good for you. I'm offended by country music, but be my guest if you like it :lol:

What irks me with the whole 9/11 experience is everyone who feels the need to be connected with it in some way. The survival stories of "if I hadn't quite my job 7 months prior and moved to California, I would have been there!" drive me insane. Similarly, sitting in a movie theater and seeing the preview for "WTC" I felt a rage at everyone who complained "They can't show that, it's too soon. I'm not ready to see that!" I can't stand people who have to make it about them.

And now that I just made it about myself, I'll bounce :roll:

Devin

not to bring anyone down.. but what do YOU think happened on sept 11 in NYC?

Oh... and don't be smart. I know the buildings fell (3 of them actually, not just the "twin towers").. but what is your.... TAKE.. on the story? did planes really bring those towers down? did the order to murder 3000 people come from oversea's or from home?

tell me your thoughts...

not to bring anyone down.. but what do YOU think happened on sept 11 in NYC?

Oh... and don't be smart. I know the buildings fell (3 of them actually, not just the "twin towers").. but what is your.... TAKE.. on the story? did planes really bring those towers down? did the order to murder 3000 people come from oversea's or from home?

tell me your thoughts...

Your insane! Nice hat though.

foil_hat.jpg

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

not to stir the pot.. but why shouldn't we go there?

a question that is possibly the most important question since kennedy was shot in dallas in '63.. in my opinion, the biggest single event of my generation.. nothing will ever be the same... understand that... for years to come, it will be remembered.. we as residents of north america should talk about it... it shouldn't be something we avoid..

and for a lot of you here; i know you lost loved one's.. and yes.. I personally didn't know anyone who lost their lives that day... but if anyone has anything to say about it.. or is interested in what I have to say.. let me know.. ill gladly share my feelings on it... :lol:

thanks

gavin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.