This is incredibly messed up....check this out?

If we are going to complain about a video game why don't we focus our efforts of Grand Theft Auto. It is my understanding that they have as a big part of the game killing people and killin cops. If we're gonna get so worked up on the WTC game here then why aren't we saying anything about GTA?

Heck for that matter, any game that kills things should be held in the same regard as this one.

Plus, let's see, does anyone remember the people who died not in the trade center tragedy but the ones who died in NYC who waited on an ambulance or were killed in traffic accidents or just died of natural causes on that day.

Yes it was a terrorist act against our country and we should never forget that it happened but it happened and people other than those in the towers died in NYC also. We don't think about those people.

We have to have better things to complain about than this game. These games and stuff on ebaums world would not become popular if people didn't point them out.

the guy's a moron for putting this stuff out there but he does have that right. We also have the ultimate right not to go there and look.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am tired of all the sanctimonious bs being ladled on the whole 911 issue and the implication that the victims are somehow more noble by virtue of being killed in a terrorist attack versus someone slipping in the bathtub.

Or that any emergency workers who died that day somehow experienced a more heroic death dying in the towers vs any other emergency worker who dies on the job on any other day.

Yes it was a tragedy.

Now quit wallowing in it like a bad Jerry Springer show.

I for one am tired of all the sanctimonious bs being ladled on the whole 911 issue and the implication that the victims are somehow more noble by virtue of being killed in a terrorist attack versus someone slipping in the bathtub.

Or that any emergency workers who died that day somehow experienced a more heroic death dying in the towers vs any other emergency worker who dies on the job on any other day.

Yes it was a tragedy.

Now quit wallowing in it like a bad Jerry Springer show.

Amen brother, I'm with you 100%.

I believe this game is an attempt at trying to deal with the tragedy of September 11th. Granted it is in bad taste, but for some people it might help the feeling of being powerless in such an event.

Humor has always been a kind of pressure relief valve for tragedy, probably since the beginning of time. I am old enough to remember the Space Shuttle Challenger jokes that went around after that tragedy. Some of them were pretty damn funny too, once again in bad taste but funny. It's funny how the whole you can or can't make jokes rules go.

Things you can make fun of...

1. Michael Jackson molesting children.

2. OJ killing two people.

3. Robert Blake killing his wife.

4. World War II

5. Custer

6. Jesus Christ

7. People being killed in Afghanistan & Iraq.

Things you can't make fun of...

1. Lincoln Assassination

2. Kennedy Assassination

3. September 11th

4. Muhammad

5. The Holocaust

Go figure!!! :roll:

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

Things you can't make fun of...

1. Lincoln Assassination

2. Kennedy Assassination

3. September 11th

4. Muhammad

5. The Holocaust

Lincoln, Kennedy and Muhummad are all on a tour flight to the Holocaust museum when Muhummad asks "What's the date today?".

Lincoln says its "9/11."

Muhummad says "Shoot, I gotta use the skyphone!"

JFK says "hold on, let me call my dad first."

"He left a message Something about a new german soap, Final Solution or something."

Muhummad says, "Hey my buddy Osama said something about that."

Lincoln says, "hey, I got the game on. They scored four with twenty seconds to go."

JFK says, "We seem a little low."

Lincoln says, "But what a view of New York!"

Muhummad says, "I really gotta use the phone."

ehh, your right it don't work.

Amen brother, I'm with you 100%.

This I dont disagree with.

But they also dont create games in poor taste after those incidents. 9/11 was a massive change in the direction of this country, and now we come across a game where the objective is to shoot americans out of the sky (because lets be frank, the planes arent flying themselves)

No ones wallowing, grow up. Theres a huge difference between wallowing and a disrespect for the dead.

We live in a wonderful country. We have this great and wonderful Constitution that gives ALL of us the RIGHT to free speech. You can say whatever you want without fear of being arrested or placed in "house arrest" until you agree to stop saying what the government or religious leaders want you to.

Never forget that.

You have the right to disagree with the game.

You have the right to agree with the game.

You have the right to make the game.

You have the right to play the game.

You have the right to ignore the game.

You have the right to talk about the game in a forum site without fear of punishment.

Rock on, my friends. Continue with your opinions whether you agree or disagree. But continue to give your opinions and NEVER let anyone take that wonderful RIGHT away from you!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.