All Paramedic students remember.

Wow, I feel like Rocky climbing the steps!! What a great inspiration. I start Paramedic class next Wednesday. I have been an EMT for 3 years and I'm ready to step up and do more. I'm a little nervous but I'll make it. I know I'm smart enough (I got accepted in the program!!) and I know why I'm doing this. In the past 3 years, I have helped so many people and it feels so good when they appreciate it. Even when they don't, I still feel good about what I've done. Thanks for these posts. They have inspired me even more to do the very best I can every day.

Susan

:lol:

I start paramedic class in the morning. I've got the same emotions I had the day I got married. Hopefully this profession will be better to me than my wife was. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Wow, glad to hear everyone liked my post. My clinical instructor who told me that was true to his word, I should add. The day we passed our finals and were certified, rather than have any sort of fancy graduation, did something much more meaningful. He and all of the paramedic instructors who had kicked the crap out of us all year took us to the local bar and bought us all lunch and a few drinks, laughed and joked with us, and treated us as equals. It was one of the most memorable experiences of my life.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Having the similar topics section at the bottom has brought back some old and interesting past topics. I came across this one and thought it might be useful to bring it back from the dead after 4 years so that our new medic students can learn from it.

I don't really have much to add to the thread excect, wear...sunscreen.

• Like 1

Not only does FL have some great points but learn from the ones who have attempted medic before and who have completed medic before you. Ask Dustdevil I used to be very anti two year degree for a profession I never truly thought I would stay in but after having attempted medic school getting part way through and washing out I learned that the two year degree is the only way to go you have to have the solid foundations of A&P as well as psyc comms and other core courses to be a well rounded medic. Now I know that statement is going to create a huge **** storm from some people around here so here is my attempt to head it off. All of you who went through the medic mills your great your competent but unless you have continued your education beyond that medic mill and the required CE's to keep up your license have do you feel like a completely well rounded medic that knows 100% why you did what ever it was that you did?

To all the medics that I call ‘friend’:

I offer each and every one of you a sincere apology. While I thought that many of you were ‘harsh’ in how you dealt with the lower license levels, I’ve come to realize that it wasn’t out of ‘meanness’. You were challenging me to not only prove you wrong, but also push me into learning more. For that, I owe each of you a great deal of thanks and appreciation.

This confession serves as a warning to all of those medics (and the Doc’s too!):

Since you all have pushed me into going further than I thought I could, each and every one of you will be ‘hit up’ as an information source with even more questions than I’ve already hit you with!

Dude! by far the most sincere thing i have seen in a while, kudos to you mate!

Edited by BushyFromOz