Personal Vehicle

Hey all. New here and i was just wondering what everyone uses as a personal vehicle and what kind(s) of equiptment they have. Personally I drive an 06 Saturn VUE (the saturn SUV) and I have a scanner and CB radio. For responding to calls I have 2 Whelen Dual Talons out the windshield (blue/clear clear/blue), 2 Whelen Single Talons facing out the rear windshield (blue red) which rotate so they still face outward when the trunk is opened, and a magnetic mount Sho-Me dual rotator mini-lightbar (blue/blue). I also carry a personal jumpkit with basicly everything except a tank of O2.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an AM/FM radio and a cell phone (cell phone=my primary phone). If my work needs me, they can call. If it is a disaster, I'll find out on my AM/FM radio [assuming I'm not using the CD player].

For responding to my station, I have two forward white lights with a high and low setting. I have 4 amber lights, one on each corner of my vehicle. The amber lights can either be activated all 4 at once or one side at a time. I have 3 red rear facing red lights (again, dual settings, but seperate control mechanism then the forward facing lights). I will admit that my car has a forward facing auditory alert system. It is activated by pressure and should only be used to emit a short blast. The one finger salute is a valid, if rude, alternative to its use. I carry a personal first aid kit and an ambulance bag that has my steth, BP cuff, DVD player, and an assortment of movies (bag=standard backpack=in car for storage between shifts)

First, welcome to the site, we are truly are glad you are here!

There are many of us on this site that do not believe in having any identity, lights, or even carrying personal jump kits..... even myself do not believe in stopping at an accident. There as well many of us that believe that having lights, sirens, radios is very unprofessional and demeans the professional attitude of EMS. We call those that demonstrate this behavior .. "Whackers" as a slang...

Please do not take this as a personal insult, rather as education. Many on this site, believe in promoting education (not training), having a quick response by professional EMS responders to do-respond from volunteer 1'st responders.

I suggest in lieu of whacker toys, place it in education.... again welcome to the site!

R/r 911

I have an AM/FM radio and a cell phone (cell phone=my primary phone). If my work needs me, they can call. If it is a disaster, I'll find out on my AM/FM radio [assuming I'm not using the CD player].

For responding to my station, I have two forward white lights with a high and low setting. I have 4 amber lights, one on each corner of my vehicle. The amber lights can either be activated all 4 at once or one side at a time. I have 3 red rear facing red lights (again, dual settings, but seperate control mechanism then the forward facing lights). I will admit that my car has a forward facing auditory alert system. It is activated by pressure and should only be used to emit a short blast. The one finger salute is a valid, if rude, alternative to its use. I carry a personal first aid kit and an ambulance bag that has my steth, BP cuff, DVD player, and an assortment of movies (bag=standard backpack=in car for storage between shifts)

Hmm...sounds kind of similar to my vehicle. Only I have satellite radio as well. Seems to be a well thought out system that works for the majority of people. Anything else isn't really necessary.

Shane

NREMT-P

Hey all. New here and i was just wondering what everyone uses as a personal vehicle and what kind(s) of equiptment they have...

Seeing as I am a student in Toronto, I make use of the wonderful TTC. While riding our amazing transit system, I carry a CPR face shield on my keychain and often listen to music on my MP3 player.

druidman wrote:

Hey all. New here and i was just wondering what everyone uses as a personal vehicle and what kind(s) of equiptment they have. Personally I drive an 06 Saturn VUE (the saturn SUV) and I have a scanner and CB radio. For responding to calls I have 2 Whelen Dual Talons out the windshield (blue/clear clear/blue), 2 Whelen Single Talons facing out the rear windshield (blue red) which rotate so they still face outward when the trunk is opened, and a magnetic mount Sho-Me dual rotator mini-lightbar (blue/blue). I also carry a personal jumpkit with basicly everything except a tank of O2.

Welcome, nice to meet you.

I have an am/fm radio.

I don't respond to calls. At least in my personal vehicle.

I have headlights, high beams and fog lights

I have red tail and brake lights

or responding to calls I have 2 Whelen Dual Talons out the windshield (blue/clear clear/blue), 2 Whelen Single Talons facing out the rear windshield (blue red) which rotate so they still face outward when the trunk is opened, and a magnetic mount Sho-Me dual rotator mini-lightbar (blue/blue).

No offense, but I have been in EMS for 12 years and I don't even know what that statement means.

Want some advice? Take all those things off your car, finish high school got to college then work towards your MBA. Open a consulting firm, make your first million by age 25. At 30 you will become independently wealthy you can retire, buy a house on 7 mile road in Newport. Travel the world eperiencing everything life has to offer. Then die a happy person.

Or you could take all those things off your car wait till you are 18 to make and informed decision about what you are getting yourself into. At age 30 you will be in debt up to your eyeballs, if your lucky to own a house you will probably be able to see the projects from your porch. Maybe go to Disneyland one every other year, if your marriage lasts that long. Become depressed and introverted, die way before your time.

If you choose the latter Welcome to the family.

Whatever you choose take those things off your mothers Saturn.

Sorry very sleep deprived. I am normally a pessimist......LOL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.