vs-eh?

Do you believe in God?  

71 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • I see your point, but I still believe for whatever reason
    • I don't see your point, God is real and inside me
    • I believe Transformers are real and are more than meets the eye.

Wow vs-eh, you're a very bitter negative person. It tends to p*ss me off when pseudo-intellectuals talk down to people who believe in God, a higher power, an omnipotent being or what have you. These people rant and rave about God not existing and the several thousand ways to say that He (yes, God is a man) doesn't exist. Even though they tend to be more annoying than Jehovah's Witnesses on a early Saturday morning.

For every argument against, there are at least one for. It all ties down to one word:

Faith

There are those who believe if they can't see it, then it can't exist. These are usually the same people trying to make their lives happier by buying stuff to fill any empty voids in their lives because of faithlessness, parents didn't show them enough love, etc. They will have children who will only know love by what people buy them.

The nonsensical babble about keys being God is a circular way of "The Wookie Defense" used in a particularly good episode of South Park. If you don't know what I mean, expand your mind and watch it. If you're not above it that is.

Does God exist? Yes. Am I a model Christian? Absolutely not. I am the farthest thing from it.

If you can look at a rose, a child being born, or a beautiful naked woman and think that there is no God that's fine, you must have no soul. Or you're a woman or gay.

ugly

You are obviously a very open minded individual.

You quite eloquently illustrated an aspect of my point but anyway...

So the creator of infinity...one who is all knowing...all seeing...all powerful...is a human man...

And you call Jehovah's Witnesses' "annoying" likely for preaching their stance, yet it is quite evident that you have very strong views about things. Do you not think that the Jehovah's Witnesses' stance on a higher being is valid?

Hypocrite.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am obviously as open minded as you are.

I can admire Jehovah's Witnesses. I had some for in-laws for almost ten years. I admire their determination despite not being favorably looked upon. They made me ponder things.

I'm sorry. God in male. Is that better?

Hipocrite? Wow that hurts. You're a poopoo doody head!

Later! :wink:

G

Let vs-eh? have his fun. He just enjoys making fun of others. He really doesnt care what the opinons are in his "poll"...he enjoys getting a rise out of people. I dont believe this thread deserves any responses- regardless if I or anyone else has strong religious convictions.

I am obviously as open minded as you are.

Meh, I am. I just make posts like this to illustrate points (and hope they aren't locked).

I disagree with PRPG that there is no "God" (read: higher being). You can't really disagree with that because an omni-being can make you think whatever it wants...So that becomes moot. Hence my point that my keys as God are equally valid.

I have issue with you inferring that women and gay's have no soul. Hence my post. Yes, you did say that.

But whatever...

Let vs-eh? have his fun. He just enjoys making fun of others. He really doesnt care what the opinons are in his "poll"...he enjoys getting a rise out of people. I dont believe this thread deserves any responses- regardless if I or anyone else has strong religious convictions.

I'm not making fun of anyone actually.

I enjoy stimulating conversation.

The poll options (while silly I admit) are legit.

Wow vs-eh, you're a very bitter negative person. It tends to p*ss me off when pseudo-intellectuals talk down to people who believe in God, a higher power, an omnipotent being or what have you. These people rant and rave about God not existing and the several thousand ways to say that He (yes, God is a man) doesn't exist. Even though they tend to be more annoying than Jehovah's Witnesses on a early Saturday morning.

For every argument against, there are at least one for. It all ties down to one word:

Faith

There are those who believe if they can't see it, then it can't exist. These are usually the same people trying to make their lives happier by buying stuff to fill any empty voids in their lives because of faithlessness, parents didn't show them enough love, etc. They will have children who will only know love by what people buy them.

The nonsensical babble about keys being God is a circular way of "The Wookie Defense" used in a particularly good episode of South Park. If you don't know what I mean, expand your mind and watch it. If you're not above it that is.

Does God exist? Yes. Am I a model Christian? Absolutely not. I am the farthest thing from it.

If you can look at a rose, a child being born, or a beautiful naked woman and think that there is no God that's fine, you must have no soul. Or you're a woman or gay.

ugly

[-( [-X =;

Unfortunately vs-eh? represents those that really do not understand faith, religion, or even Christian beliefs and definitely does not have any education in theology or divinity studies. Mere it is based upon anecdotal feelings.

It appears, from the several posts, avatar changes that has intimidation, few remarks, that one may be confused, hurt, or have ill feelings. Although you have read it many times on bumper stickers, true Christians recognize that they are not perfect by any means, in fact humility is one of the greatest attributes that a Christian could and should have. I still do not understand the hostility against any faith that promotes moral character, education, and love to one another.

Yes, many have been hurt in the name of "Christianity and Religion" (please do NOT confuse the two) which are not the same. Every one in one way can have negative thoughts from any group of people either religion, race, or even nationality.... I could definitely have ill feelings against Canadians from the ones I have known, but to do so would be simply wrong. Placing or labeling anyone would be wrong, everyone and every groups has members that makes mistakes. Even EMS has several members that misrepresent us daily.

I find it ironic on this EMS forum the negativity to Christians, while on other sites it is quite the opposite. In nursing one is taught spirituality, and recognize the need of it as well. Recognizing that science and beliefs can compliment each other, not having to have a choice between the two. In fact we have prayer before each class, and even before shifts at the Trauma Center (yes, it is not a Catholic or Christian hospital) and usually led by one of our surgeons.

I find it very disturbing of those that criticize or have no recognition of a high power, thinking that this life is really all there is.... wow, how sad and could be considered self egotistical. I do realize as one becomes older in life, and matures with life experiences, opinions change as one sees more and more life events.

What I do not tolerate, is belittling of any faith, view, or even forcing or coercing onto another. The same is true to categorize that Christians have a lower I.Q., or education level, when in fact the opposite is true. Many Nobel prize winners, scientists, artists have been of those with deep faith. Most colleges/universities were started by and are continuously funded by Christian denominations.

I believe many people have a fear of faith, due to their own personal choices or have a history of poor choices or have uncertainty feelings... There is right and wrong. No matter what faith, denomination you have or do not have.

Life is not easy for anyone, no one ever said it would be. However for those of faith, those that have an avenue and ability to believe of a higher power, received spiritual peace and mind, attempt to follow positive discipline have scientifically proven to heal faster, have a better prognosis, and live longer. They usually appear to be more optimistic, deal with crisis better.

Each day I see miracles occur, the humming bird that technically should not fly, the train-auto accident that no one was injured & there should be no survivors, the healing and cures that science has no answer to and definitely we know that it was not the sole powers of a Paramedic, physician or surgeon.

Yes, having spiritual development is an asset to this profession, when and those times there is no answer, when things do not make sense, when we question life itself.... it does not remove those thoughts; however allows us to cope better.

Peace,

R/r 911

Unfortunately vs-eh? represents those that really do not understand faith, religion, or even Christian beliefs and definitely does not have any education in theology or divinity studies. Mere it is based upon anecdotal feelings.

It appears, from the several posts, avatar changes that has intimidation, few remarks, that one may be confused, hurt, or have ill feelings. Although you have read it many times on bumper stickers, true Christians recognize that they are not perfect by any means, in fact humility is one of the greatest attributes that a Christian could and should have. I still do not understand the hostility against any faith that promotes moral character, education, and love to one another.

Yes, many have been hurt in the name of "Christianity and Religion" (please do NOT confuse the two) which are not the same. Every one in one way can have negative thoughts from any group of people either religion, race, or even nationality.... I could definitely have ill feelings against Canadians from the ones I have known, but to do so would be simply wrong. Placing or labeling anyone would be wrong, everyone and every groups has members that makes mistakes. Even EMS has several members that misrepresent us daily.

I find it ironic on this EMS forum the negativity to Christians, while on other sites it is quite the opposite. In nursing one is taught spirituality, and recognize the need of it as well. Recognizing that science and beliefs can compliment each other, not having to have a choice between the two. In fact we have prayer before each class, and even before shifts at the Trauma Center (yes, it is not a Catholic or Christian hospital) and usually led by one of our surgeons.

I find it very disturbing of those that criticize or have no recognition of a high power, thinking that this life is really all there is.... wow, how sad and could be considered self egotistical. I do realize as one becomes older in life, and matures with life experiences, opinions change as one sees more and more life events.

What I do not tolerate, is belittling of any faith, view, or even forcing or coercing onto another. The same is true to categorize that Christians have a lower I.Q., or education level, when in fact the opposite is true. Many Nobel prize winners, scientists, artists have been of those with deep faith. Most colleges/universities were started by and are continuously funded by Christian denominations.

I believe many people have a fear of faith, due to their own personal choices and history of poor choices... There is right and wrong. No matter what faith, denomination you have or do not have.

Life is not easy for anyone, no one ever said it would be. However for those of faith, those that have an avenue and ability to believe of a higher power, received spiritual peace and mind, attempt to follow positive discipline have scientifically proven to heal faster, have a better prognosis, and live longer.

Each day I see miracles occur, the humming bird that technically should not fly, the train-auto accident that no one was injured & should be no survivors but no-one was injured, the healing and cures that science has no answer to and definitely we know that it was not the sole powers of a Paramedic, physician or surgeon.

Yes, having spiritual development is an asset to this profession, when and those times there is no answer, when things do not make sense, when we question life itself.... it does not remove those thoughts; however allows us to cope better.

Peace,

R/r 911

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>