NYC 911 BLS Jobs

Hey just curious if anyone out there knows which voluntary hospitals are hiring in NYC, specifically BLS and in Manhattan or Brooklyn. I am very interested in LICH and Cabrini. Also, Beth Israel and NY Downtown. Any really in Manhattan.

This is for an experienced NYC 911 provider, full time or per diem.

Thanks for the info in advance.

Irishedp

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a quick question:

Dont mean to get off topic here:

I was just perusing the FDNY website, a friend has recently moved and is attempting to gain employment there.

I couldnt believe my eyes when I noticed the pay scale. Is this right

Starting FF $25,100

Starting EMT $27,295

Starting MEDIC $37,346

If it is, we have serious problems. Can you even afford to live in NYC on these salaries.

Other note about the website:

Every civilian position has a starting salary of more then everyone I listed.

Go figure.

• 3 months later...
I have a quick question:

Dont mean to get off topic here:

I was just perusing the FDNY website, a friend has recently moved and is attempting to gain employment there.

I couldnt believe my eyes when I noticed the pay scale. Is this right

Starting FF $25,100 Yes, the UFA sold it's young for top pay

Starting EMT $27,295 And tops out at $40K or so (IIRC)

Starting MEDIC $37,346 Tops out at another rediculously low number...much lower than FF Top

If it is, we have serious problems. Can you even afford to live in NYC on these salaries. No.

Other note about the website:

Every civilian position has a starting salary of more then everyone I listed.

Go figure.

What do you expect the pay to be??

Any system that considers transferring from EMS to Fire a promotion, has some serious flaws.

Nobody considers it a 'promotion'. Department of Personnel must call it that in order to have a preferential hiring list from EMT/Paramedic to Firefighter. Civil Service Laws.

• 1 year later...

I'll give you one better NYPD $25,000 to start, goes up to $32,000 after the academy.....

An FDNY EMS Deputy Chief is making $74,000 per year.. No O.T. ohh yeah, but he gets a nice FDNY take home car ....

Any wonder I left that HOLE ??????? you need to work a hell of a lot of OT or have 3 jobs just to make ends meet.

FDNY killed the provision of quality EMS in NYC,, and 12 years later ,, what has changed,,, NOTHING. Disposable work force, thats what FDNY EMS is.

cabrini no longer exist and most of the hspo runs through a company called transcare so just come to fire and be done with it.were much better anyway

This post explains a lot. :roll:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.