Young ride alongs and EMT's

Walrus

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actions speak louder then words. You don't have to stand on a roof and shout about how good an EMT or medic you are. "I am a professional." Show up every day, do your job competently and effectively.

People will notice.

Before establishing a barometer for others, we might want to take our own advice. I do mean everyone. Whit just made it so painfully clear. When you talk about how good a job you do, who exactly are you trying to impress?

EMS will be considered a profession rather then a job.

If your educated and knowledgeable that translates into competency.

So why don't we stop kicking around are own co-workers, do our job in a professional manner, and stop worrying about everyone else thinks about us.

It does sound good for everyone to need to have grad degrees, but maybe we should worry about taking little steps rather then big steps first. Just because your not educated doesn't mean you can't appear to be a health professional in you're treatment of patients and attention to detail. I think the first step is for us to all get are colleagues to appear as health professionals and the public will see this.

Before establishing a barometer for others, we might want to take our own advice. I do mean everyone. Whit just made it so painfully clear. When you talk about how good a job you do, who exactly are you trying to impress?

Not just who are you trying to impress but more of who are you trying to convince? Everyone else or yourself?

We all know that talking like that is just a big circle jerk. Everyone gets off on what your saying but does nothing to change the way it is.

I have black hair. That must be an old picture.

Do you disagree with anything I said?

As a matter of fact I do Whit.

Jennifer Lopez? Yuck, she had sex with Ben Affleck!!! I am not batting after the likes of Affleck!!! :puke:

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

Jennifer Lopez? Yuck, she had sex with Ben Affleck!!! I am not batting after the likes of Affleck!!! :puke:

Better him than Puff Daddy. :?

So why don't we stop kicking around are own co-workers...

EMTs are not my co-workers.

...do our job in a professional manner...

That would include getting the proper education to do so.

...and stop worrying about everyone else thinks about us.

Image is everything. If you aren't worried about it, you aren't doing your job in a professional manner.

Do you by chance have any ideas that aren't contradictory?