Bariatric Lift?? Need help!

I am looking for info on a Bariatric Lift System I have seen but can't find info on. It is called the Macs Lift or Max Lift.

It attaches to the rear of the unit, extends as a lift platform and will fold into a rear step bumber. Does any one know the product I am talking about.

I have been looking at the Transafe Ramp system but this lift system looks much better.

AMR has a number of these units in service nationwide. You could probably find one of their offices nearby and stop in to check out how they did it.

Many of the other larger corporate agencies have done similar projects. Southwest Ambulance in Mesa, AZ has one. Rural/Metro has a couple.

Found It!!

www.macsliftgate.com. They don't have info about it on there site.

Let me know if you here, would like to see pics.

This company has one in service:

http://www.emt-inc.net/bariatric.htm

I work with that unit at EMT, Inc. There have been some issues with the electronic lift gate, but they are infrequent. There is a manual system as well that always works. I will try to get some pics and video of the lift in action for you. My next unit day is Sat.

AMR has a number of these units in service nationwide. You could probably find one of their offices nearby and stop in to check out how they did it.

My understanding is that EVERY AMR operation / division has the equipment to do Bariatric transport... as I recall, it is the Stryker 1000+ lbs stretcher, a winch, the big yellow ramps, transfer plate, etc... There have been some articles posted online about their equipment.

My local AMR operation doesn't keep the bariatric equipment in service 24x7 - the stretcher/winch/ramps are kept at base, and several units are capable of being paired with the equipment to do bariatric transfers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.