Has this ever happened to you?

Can a 17 y/o even have a pt sign a refusal. They cant sign a legal document themselves. They wouldn't be allowed to sign a refusal themselves if they were my pt. I don't understand and this is nothing personal. If you cant make decisions for yourself how would you make medical ones for someone else?

Well, according to MIEMSS, an EMT-B must be 18 years of age, unless they have parental consent. Then they can be 16.

http://miemss.umaryland.edu/InitialRenewalInfo.htm

As far as helo xport goes... NYS's protocols state that this woman wouldnt have been a candidate either...

The question remains: why was the helo called? There seems, to me, to be nothing warranting it. Had this woman been unconscious... maybe.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait.. My Spidey sense tells me we can all expect an non-effective version of this type of defense from the man himself JOHHNY COCHRANE!!! Sadly though I suspect "peppermint," needs more services than "Johnny," could provide. Still ladies and gentlement of the EMTCITY AUdience.. Lets hear soem of the magic he could bring to her defense...

[stream:43120ee9d9]http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/sounds/214/214_chewbacca.wav[/stream:43120ee9d9]

Hey It worked for OJ... :roll: :shock:

ACE844

Hey Ace, your one of the ones saying that teens shouldn't be EMTs becuase they arent mature enough right? Well being a dick to make yourself feel better doesn't show much maturity does it? I fully accept the different comments people are making if they are trying to help me, but not ones out to make others feel like shit.

Hey Ace, your one of the ones saying that teens shouldn't be EMTs becuase they arent mature enough right? Well being a dick to make yourself feel better doesn't show much maturity does it? I fully accept the different comments people are making if they are trying to help me, but not ones out to make others feel like Ca Ca.

I challenge you to find and post exactly where I said that... here. Additionally in the list of things i recommendedyou work on, add reading comprehension to that. I told you what, and where you could find some information to help yourself. I also gave you an opportunity to learn and correct the crap which you posted when you challenged me. If you want me to help YOU UNDERSTAND... I will. But I doubt that you'll like that even less...

OUT HERE,

ACE844

Hey Ace, your one of the ones saying that teens shouldn't be EMTs becuase they arent mature enough right? Well being a dick to make yourself feel better doesn't show much maturity does it? I fully accept the different comments people are making if they are trying to help me, but not ones out to make others feel like Ca Ca.

Patty,

He's not being a total dick as you say. He's merely using humor to iluustrate his point.

To me, it makes no sense that a helo would be called with what seems to be little to no pt eval. ESPECIALLY with a conscious pt.

What do your protocols say about aeromedical evacuation?

Our protocols have certain MOI/NOI that as a basis are automatics for helo transport. If this woman had no complaints and had good vitals would I have started a helo? No. But because of how agitated and based on the MOI, I started it. I couldn't obtain vitals beause she refused to let us touch her. Plus, I couldn't get a definite answer as to whether or not she lost consciousness becuase she refused to answer my questions, something I probably should have mentioned in my original post.

Ace-I've seen it in the other topic meant for that. And I'm not challenging you, merely trying to "help" you understand that the best way to help isn't to be a sarcastic jerk.

Our protocols have certain MOI/NOI that as a basis are automatics for helo transport. If this woman had no complaints and had good vitals would I have started a helo? No. But because of how agitated and based on the MOI, I started it. I couldn't obtain vitals beause she refused to let us touch her. Plus, I couldn't get a definite answer as to whether or not she lost consciousness becuase she refused to answer my questions, something I probably should have mentioned in my original post.

OK, the pt's MOI was a basis for helo xport by your regional protocols. What do your regional protocols say about RMAing?

Ace-I've seen it in the other topic meant for that. And I'm not challenging you, merely trying to "help" you understand that the best way to help isn't to be a sarcastic jerk.

I'm sure this patient BARELY met the minimums for 'the helo,' and again, post the quote where i said what you accuse exactly...or admit you misposted.

ACE844

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.