111 members have voted

1. 1.

• Paddles
    • Pads

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The agency I am interning with uses quick combo patches on the LP12. At school we learned using paddles on LP10's. Most agencies in Oregon use the pads even though state regualtions still say that you have to have two paddles on the ambulance.

I personally like the paddles. You cant really get you 25 pounds of paddle pressure that ACLS recommend with the pads. However I have seen a cardiologist on multiple occasions fold a towel and press down on the pads. It was kinda ridiculous to me but then again he is the man. The Zoll is what we use. Charles

you don't need '25 lb pressure' with pads

paddles are a flat unyielding surface the pressure requirement is to get a good 'seal' as such - decent contact area and keep the jelly pads nicely pressed on

stick on pads if the skin is prepped appropriately work just fine as long as there aren't huge air bubbles under them

Never used the paddles we only have pads around here on ambulances as far as I know. It would be cool to learn to use the paddles but hey a girl can wish she wasn't in rural backwoods EMS, at least we don't just jump people off car batteries (j/k never happened as far as I know)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.