20-Foot Fall

I agree with Rid, many patients that are transported can be effectively managed by Level II and in some isolated cases Level III. In this case, I would look at the resources available for the patient, if your closest facility is 10 minutes away and they have the ability to perform a FAST scan on the abdomen and provide airway/blood products prn...I would start there. If you opt for the longer transport and the patient de-compensates en-route what are your options? What is your closest facility to divert too? Most EDs have the ability to at least start a trauma resuscitation. Oh, and on a personal note, I find it hard to imagine that an ems provider can only obtain a BP of 100/p....if you are taking the time to assess and treat your patient, please take the extra 15 seconds to obtain a diastolic pressure...MAP is very important for cerebral perfusion.

Oh, and on a personal note, I find it hard to imagine that an ems provider can only obtain a BP of 100/p....if you are taking the time to assess and treat your patient, please take the extra 15 seconds to obtain a diastolic pressure...MAP is very important for cerebral perfusion.

Flightmedic, I'm sorry....it's been a few days since I've ran this call and honestly off hand, do not remember the exact BP. I do remember taking a full BP though. I am sorry. For arguement's sake, we'll say the BP was 102/68