So what would you do????

great here come the cameras.....just what we need is another way to be held down by the man!!!!

Don't F*ck up, one would not have to worry!.. Don't be an idiot and bring liquor to workplace. Short and simple, this should not be even a discussion.

If they had brought a bottle of vodka or whiskey, or a bag of weed, no one would be complacent, beer is alcohol... no difference.

R/r 911

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me, I'd try to handle it "in house" at first, which is codeword/slang for "cover it up but make sure it doesn't happen again." Find the guilty parties. Confront them about it. Let them know you are doing them a favor by letting them get rid of it and never doing again, and also if it does happen again, that you'll take it to the proper level. I'm lucky in that I work in an environment with a large number of colleagues who are fairly close knit so we can handle things that way. Despite the fact it is unprofessional and not always exactly the right thing to do, I think that sometimes it is essential to working in an atmosphere that relies on trust an teamwork amongs crew members.

turn the big guy in, get rid of him, fry the guy.....just don't want to be on video.

i agree with not being drunk on the job.....want to be drunk, then take your butt home.

gets back to the fact that we should be adults if we are going to take care of Pt's. anyone who can't hold up their end by staying sober needs to move on.

i used to have a partner who was a drunk......i sent him home plenty of times and would do it again.

just don't want to be on video was my point!

respectfully

madmedic

First step in conflict resolution is to always discuss the concern with the parties involved....You'll earn respect that way. If you just go straight to management, you'll never be seen in the same light again by your co-workers. I know, its wrong to have/consume ETOH while on duty, they do too, just go through the right steps first.

i think this situation is a little more than a conflict........more like a blatant violation of rules/regs, policy/procedure whatever you want to call it. Most likely the person in the wrong here wouldn't care one way or another if you didn't like his beer in the fridge. My opinion is stop this kind of action now not later.

Well ok. I talked with one of the paramedics that has worked here for a long time. He is a pretty rational guy and I knew I could trust his opinion. He told me to talk with this crews supervisor or the supervisor that was on my shift that day. I opted to talk with my supervisor due to the fact that the other one is a complete idiot. She was glad I came to her and asked me to talk with the BIG BOSS. So I did and explained what I had saw. She thanked me and assured me she would take care of it. No problems on my end and all of this will stay confidential so my name doesn't become mud around the station. I haven't heard what happened with the guy and I am sure he will have some excuse but I did what I thought was right.

Thanks for all of the reply's.

James

Oh, definately talk to the crew. You never know, maybe this responsible individual chose to drink his beer BEFORE he came on the clock!

I'd hate to accuse someone of consuming alcohol on duty, that would be irresponsible! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.