Days off, What do you do?

I have two days off a week. Normally one one of the days I pay bills, do laundry, clean :lol: and submit an Avon order or deliver it. Then its all play for me. My kind of play is a little different than others, I work on my family history, go cemetery hopping photographing tombstones, work on recording a cemetery before the stones are all unreadable. These cemeteries are more than 150 plus years old.

Cookie

EMT B

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HMMMMM........Days off. Well, when i'm not at work, i'm working the farm. It seems like with the economy and gas prices the way they are lately, the more productive I can be on the farm, the better off I will be. In fact, tomorrow is my day off and I plan to butcher two steers and some hogs all day long.

Nothing like good ol' hillbilly blood baths.

My days off always semm to entail meetings at work. For some reason no one can schedule a meeting of any kind on the days that I am scheduled. Only on my days off. Seems to be my luck.

Other than that, my typical days off include much relaxation and winding-down. Also, school, school, and more school. Classes, studying, etc.

I spent my entire vacation last week at............work...all vacations and time off were cancelled.....today is my first day off in a while and what do I do? Come to the comforting world of emt city......

When I'm not working I'm "studying". I swear that's all I do, even while I'm working. I study between calls. I study while I'm working out. I have no life. How pathetic is that? But during vacations and stuff I like to scrapbook and burn a hole in my pocket at the mall.

I spent my entire vacation last week at............work...all vacations and time off were cancelled.....today is my first day off in a while and what do I do? Come to the comforting world of emt city......

Considering that nasty visitor...Glad that you're at least safe!

Hmmmmm, good question!

What do I do on my days off??

Well, sleep is first and foremost......I work 2-twelve hours days and 2-twelve hour nights here in Nova Scotia. Then I have 4 days off, but most of the time, during those 4 days off, I pick up a couple extra 12 hour shifts somewhere. The amount of OT available here is crazy.

So, day 1 off is usually sleep for the first few hours......then get up and watch TV for awhile, do laundry, clean up the house a bit, pay bills, get groceries......you get the idea.

I also LOVE to cook!!

I'm also the only medic on my local volunteer fire dept., and I have to fit training nights into my schedule too......and of course, BINGO!

Life isn't worth living without a night of BINGO! :D

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.