The Best Chief Complaint

millerjjr

1:30 a. m. dispatched for female with migraine. On arrival, she was waiting outside at fornt of house, along with her 8 & 11 yr old daughters, wanting to take them with her because they were hearing voices in the house. Informed her other arrangements had to be made for the girls, called PD- when they arrived, they discovered the husband asleep in bed. The girls stayed at home. :roll:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get on scene, walk in the front door and a male in early 20s says and I quote "I swallowed my grill man". Admitted to a couple (of 3) beers (probably smoking weed too, but as PD was on scene, sure wasn't going to admit it), fell asleep and swallowed his gold cosmetic dental front plate.

Dispatched for a "fall" with a 25-y.o male who had been jumping off his patio deck, into his pool. Turns out, his aim sucked, he was drunk, and high as a kite.

His injuries? One little scratch on his forehead. He hit a tree branch.

Toned to local nursing home for a "full code". After hauling tail to get to the other end of the county, we find the patient sitting up and talking to the nursing staff. Apparently, the dispatcher had mistaken what the nurses told her. The nurses apparently told dispatch that the pt was a "full code" (no DNR) as opposed to being in a "full code" situation.

Toned to local nursing home for a "full code". After hauling tail to get to the other end of the county, we find the patient sitting up and talking to the nursing staff. Apparently, the dispatcher had mistaken what the nurses told her. The nurses apparently told dispatch that the pt was a "full code" (no DNR) as opposed to being in a "full code" situation.

:roll: ... wow....

Sounds like one of mine:

Try this one:

Dispatched "Code III" to Nursing home on other side of town for a "unconscious, unresponsive patient who is wheezing""

Get there, to find it's an lder woman, having an asthma attack, in her sleep. All the nurse did was call her name once, then called us.

We touched her to check responsiveness, and she snapped awake.

mosquitoe bite, happened 3 mins ago, I think I have West Nile Virus, can you check it out?

Dispatched C3 to severe laceration. Man knicked his cheek shaving...Bandaide anyone?

A PD friend of mine and I were comparing BS calls...He won... During Anthrax scare nation wide...An unidentified white powdery substance.........................In a laundry mat. (By the way they(Dispatch) dispatched out Haz-Mat, full response, and PD) Turns out that laundry detergent DOES come in powder.

I stubbed my toe 3 days ago, it's hurting again. I don't think I can drive.

"I am having a baby, I didn't know I was pregnant. I thought I had gas or a tumor." FOR THE LAST 9 MONTHS?????? G-3 P-2, didn't anything bring back that oh so familiar feeling???? (yes it was FULL TERM).

And my favorite, I have actually had this one several times, different women each time....Yes I am having abd cramping.

"when was your LMP?". Oh, I started today....DUH (all did turn out to be PMS).

• 2 weeks later...

In the pouring rain we responded to a "cardiac" call. After going trailer to trailer because there were no numbers on them. We located the caller. After questioning him I found he had NO chestpain, SOB, etc...

I asked "Sir, Why did you call for an ambulance?"

He responded "Well, I was taking a nap and my dog woke me up licking my face, and he never done that bfor so I knew I must be dyin".

6month later I ran on this guy again, this time he really was having an MI!

52 year old female presents to the er C/O pain to her tailbone. States she sat on the metal part of a seat belt one week ago while cleaning out her car and her tailbone is still hurting. X ray negative. :roll:

Take care,

chbare.

A few weeks ago, about 3am, we were dispatched to the local convenience store to assist PD on scene with an unknown problem. We arrive only to be told by PD that all they needed was a ladder to get on the roof so they could see how the burglar made entrance. You'd think PD would have been smart enough to tell dispatch that we were needed non-emergent. Funniest part is PD sergeant shows up in the explorer with a ladder and laughs at FD for running emergent to the call.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.