Awakening Commercials

After viewing some of EMS videos, I noticed some straight forward awakening videos of injury prevention... unfortunately, they appear not to be any from the USA. This makes me wonder why ours is so watered down in comparison? For example spilling coffee and ramming into rear end only next clip with laughing calling insurance agent... "like a good neighbor"

Now review foreign ones...quite a bit of contrast; they get the point across...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYeUMkRMAts...earch=Paramedic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvht1d5GVHk...earch=Paramedic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWygwnAo3zs...earch=Paramedic

Think maybe it would get the hint more across?

R/r 911

I agree Rid. in our new touchy feely lets feel good about everything society we have forgetten ( or at least the public has) that there are very real consiquences for their actions or lack there of. The kids today are not learning respect or personal accountability. all they seem to be learning is that if it doesn't feel good to them then they do not need to do it or worry about it.

Be Safe

Race

Thanks.. yeah, I had seen it & cold not locate it... good points as well good demo of coup counter coup syndrome and M.O.I. .. (god, we are sick aren't we?) .. ...

These should be played about this time of year everywhere when school is getting out... shame Mtv or similar does not play these type ......

Dr. Bledsoe liked this one :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBu55k5Oc4k...search=seatbelt

R/r 911

Holy crap those are "great" commercials. Yeah, even I am sitting here impacted and I'm not the target audience by any means. Leave it for Europe to be on top of things as usual!

You know, even if TV wouldn't air them, if kids are anything like what I see and know each day...video clips in emails are always a "fun" one to watch. If there was some way to reach the masses of kids through email (even schools instigating it) because it's so prevalent today...it could be just as effective.

Wow though. The impact of those could be HUGE on our censored eyes!

Too bad our modern, American society lives under a giant rock. They would not be played on US TV stations because of over use of censorship to shield the eyes of our youth from reality.... Local schools here even had the SADD mock DUI crash stopped one year because it was too emotionally graphic for the students. Made many of them cry... Too bad I say. Like it's any easier on us to lift human bodies that are so mangled, they have the feel of a bag of Jello.

Too bad our modern, American society lives under a giant rock. They would not be played on US TV stations because of over use of censorship to shield the eyes of our youth from reality.... Local schools here even had the SADD mock DUI crash stopped one year because it was too emotionally graphic for the students. Made many of them cry... Too bad I say. Like it's any easier on us to lift human bodies that are so mangled, they have the feel of a bag of Jello.

=D> Very well said, I to have noticed the "pussification" of America.

Gee......can you imagine the amount of people that would be completely offended by the "blood".........oh my god! I'll tell ya what though let roll past that MVC as slow as possible (never mind that ambulance/fire truck/squad car behind us trying to get to the scene) so that we can take in every last visual. that way we tell everybody at the party that we were there............oh my god!!!!!!

my 16 y/o is going to watch every last second of these videos, just as a reminder!!!!!!!

well done!!

madmedic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.