Stryker Power-PRO cots

All the years I been working, never had a stair chair, thought it would be a waste of money for the company - but now that we have it, I have averaged at least one use of the chair per shift rotation..

Never? Wow. We use them on almost every call. We'd never survive without them.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to play with a powered stretcher yet. I can't wait. I want a new nickname.

"Jack not name, Jack job!"

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My service just purchased one and in spite of the shortcomings, (heavy, battery life, potential frail components) my back loves it when we have those 300 pound plus patients.

Take care,

chbare.

• 1 year later...

We've had 2 power cots on 2 of the FTO trucks trialing now for 8 months. They are so much easier to manuver and handle. The added weigh is a con, but like evryone else here the tracked stairchair comes into play:). My back loves them. Our agency just bought and had delivered 27 agency specific Power-Pro's bringing it to a total of 29. They're being placed on units first based on call volume. High volume truck gets a new stretcher. There has only been one shift that I have worked where I had to replace the battery besides during morning check outs. They're awsome........

Just some advice. Keep the spare batterys at the station and run the battery down before replacing. Everytime placed in the charger is a new cycle and the batterys are only good for so many cycles. I knew of one service that kept the spare on a charger in the truck, everytime it was unplugged then replugged started a new cycle and they had to keep buying batteries. Once charger started being kept at station batteries have lasted.

Best cot ever. Back saver.

• 3 weeks later...

I work in a 35 trucks service, and we only have one power-pro, guess what... its on my truck.

Yes it is a back saver for sure, the 40 extra pound IS a pain. When you have to drag it around the house or something, with equipement on it.... sometime in the snow IT IS A F.......G PAIN.

This cot have been tried by every single medics at my shop 2 years ago and the members had to vote on the mass purchase to fill the fleet with it .....the answer to that was ... no thanks !!

Thats democracy.

My own answer to that.. get in the gym and workout a little, and you wont need electric toy !!!

I

My own answer to that.. get in the gym and workout a little, and you wont need electric toy !!!

Actually, going to gym is not really going to help you lift that 500 or 600 pound patient. Also, who lugs stretchers and equipment to the gill on a cot anymore? That is what stair chairs, and entry to evaluate or MFR are there for. Repeated lifting is what injures more EMS personal backs. Anything to reduce potential injuries, or even reduce lifting/straining is good for the system.

It is simple, if your service don't like them, okay... but, if I was your director I would let them pay for their own back injury claims. Apparently, it has reduced most EMS "back injury" claims up to 90%... and since that is the number one workman's injury and career ending injury, I would consider it is usually worth the extra 40 pounds.

R/r 911

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.