Medics with MedicAlerts???

The medicalert is not what I'm judging people on here [-(

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

I was just being silly, it's like saying in so many ways and I'll probably put it up for others to see later, this is just part of it.

e.g. What sexy thang do you as a women like about men in uniform? (Men- Women in uniform) :glasses5: / :glasses6:

1. Their sweet smile, winking at you, nice legs -yes men do have nice legs well some of them do, women too :lol:

2. sexy body (butt, hands, strength to bite cap off beer bottle, great with suntan oil (massaging) etc...

3.Their broad shoulders...carrying women over their shoulders,( Men-frolicking in the hay-women)

4. Intelligence, goofiness, tells bad jokes but you get it anyway, (Men- women try to explain doesnt make sense)

5. They like to party- as long as you drink you DONT DRIVE,( :iroc: ) no puking in other persons car, out window is fine, Men-some women have better decorum. :lol: and some dont. :drunken:

6. They have habits like everyone else- :pottytrain5:

Its the idea to show people that yes you are professional yet you are human too.

I rest my case :!:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your thought on a patient seeing a medic wearing a medic alert bracelet? SImple solution - what I do to prevent this from happening, is I wear a necklace instead of a bracelet. As far as that, well, I've had a handful of patients that have asked. I don't shy away from it. I may not disclose things to them, but I stress how important it is for them to have a way of telling their medical information when they can't. All is fair in love and baseball.

There are a number of "health" issues that someone might need a medic alert tag for, ie: Diabetes, Allergies, Heart conditions, but unless they interfere with the job, who cares? Just because someone might have health problems, doesn't mean they shouldn't do this job. How many of us have high blood pressure, have back problems, weight problems...still do the job.

Ok, I wear a medic alert bracelet, does that make me a worse medic? No, does it make my patients feel I am incapable of caring for them? Not that I know of.

A medic Alert bracelet or necklace is not just for a "Hey look, I'm a sick person" (no pun intended to anyone). I am wearing mine cause I have allergies. I wish I could give a definite answer, but I will be lying. I am sure that more than half the worlds population has some sort of life threatening allergy, who would make our jobs as medics so much easier if they would just wear the damn bracelet or necklace. How may time have given a patient some drug and wondered "What if the patient is allergic to this?" I have on more than one occasion and hoped that the will be no anaphylactic reaction. Medic Alert or any other means of conveying this message, would really make it easier for all medical staff.

As for my reason, being allergies, it is Aspirin, Penicillin (very common allergy) and Codeine. Does that me a lesser medic or make a patient loose faith in me??? [-X [-X

I believe not, as a matter of fact I believe in leading by example. If can wear mine proudly and I get asked, I tell the person my reasons. Hopefully it will make him or her think and get themselves one should the have an allergy.

BTW, my organ donor and DNR orders are linked to my medic alert.

Regards

S

:violent1: :violent3:

I wear one, only because if I'm found unconscious, I want to be properly treated. If it is assumed to be anything other than what is more obvious, the results could be fatal.

My only question would be latex allergies...?

Don't use latex gloves...

Guest Beegers
I wear one, only because if I'm found unconscious, I want to be properly treated. If it is assumed to be anything other than what is more obvious, the results could be fatal.

Don't use latex gloves...

NO shit!! :shock: That is why my ambulance corps uses only non latex gloves after one of our members had to be treated for latex ingestion (she ate food handled with latex gloves).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.