Medics with MedicAlerts???

Acosel

Your 20 yrs old, you're a medic and you live in Ontario, WOW. Your the youngest medic I have ever heard of unless your bluffing about your age, this I understand.

Medic Alert is not ment to get you a date, it's ment to save your life...

did you not hear about the Medic Alert Date service MAD'S

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, now I'm all confused... Yes, I'm 20, almost 21. I'm the BLS kind of Paramedic, you know, PCP. I don't wear the medic alert to get dates, I wear it because I have a genetic blood clotting disorder.

it was a joke

Acosel

Your 20 yrs old, you're a medic and you live in Ontario, WOW. Your the youngest medic I have ever heard of unless your bluffing about your age, this I understand.

Medic Alert is not ment to get you a date, it's ment to save your life...

um I'm 21, I don't have a job yet, but I just graduated from a PCP program? Why is it so unbelievable?

Is there more to this discussion that I may be missing? I think it would be just like a Medic and/or EMT that smokes or over drinks the frosty beverages, or dare I say over eat. Really, it should come down to the individual "adult" to make their own decision, Pt's rights! As a smoker I don't lecture my Pt's about smoking, soooo...... Medics or EMTs that have a med alert tag, but don't wear them shouldn't judge their Pt's that don't either.......not that I've ever seen this.

At the end of the day, I do look for them and use them if available, but if the pt chooses not to share the info in this manner, your still going to treat as usual, Same with our co-workers. In my situation with my partner (5years now) we know what each others med hx is, and if there becomes a problem we are prepared, but that is a whole different discussion. LOL!

Just a humble opinion!!

madmedic

I agree with what has been said. If you have a health concern that might require addressing if you end up unsconcious then thats fine. What happens if you end being a patient but as your medic gets ready to start an IV you notice that he/she is wearring a medic alert...what would you think about that?

I think if it were me I might wonder why the heck they are in the field if they have a medical condition that would require attention.... I have never been in that position but it makes me wonder.

:?:

That wouldnt bother me at all.

Do you think of all the hundreds of thousands medics, EMTs, doctors, nurses are 100 percent healthy??

You have no clue about your own personal physicians health yet you trust them to take care of you.

I myself have several conditions that partners need to be aware of but it has never in any way compromised pt care or prevented me from performing duties.

Sorry but I take your comment as that of one who is very naieve or narrowminded if you think that would even be an issue.

ak.....I have a serious cardiac problem and because of it have ALWAYS warn a medic alert both off and on duty :wink:

I'm sorry you got offended by my last post. This post is for me to see what are the opinions of those of you who are in the field.

Take Care

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.