Full Cardiac Arrest?

:twisted: :evil: :x :shock: :shock: :shock: Or how about those who do CPR on pt's not EVEN IN CARDIAC ARREST..... Yet they are absolutely convinced that that easily palpable pulse isn't there...?!?!?!!?? That always makes me CRAZY!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :shock: :shock: 8)

ACE

I am always impressed when nursing homes or "skilled nursing facilities" call for cardiac arrest on non-DNR patients, and when you arrive there:

a) The patient is not in cardiac arrest, but was asleep or has some other problem, but the staff doesn't know that because they did not do a proper assessment

B) The patient is in cardiac arrest, but no one is doing CPR or any other appropriate treatment- maybe the patient has a NC at 2 L/min, or a NRB at 6 L/min.

I had a pt at the police station when he found out he didnt make bail he decided to become deathly allergic to stainless steel (handcuffs) When we arrived he stated he was under cardiac arrest but they had the wrong guy.

I am also starting to believe incarceritis is an actual diagnosis.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.