Thorogood boots (2)

shade

Posted the question about Thorogood boots back in the EMS section. Now I'll do it in the right place. I would try them on first, but no dealer close by and 150 miles to the nearest dealer, then that dealer always has to order and his return policy is terrible. So---- I am curious about the Thorogood Commando Deuce. Profile says it meets bloodborn pathogens and waterproof, 2 features I like. Looks l ike that boot is made in USA also. Thanks for your replies!

Well, I can't tell you much about that type of boot there, but the Thorogoods that I bought for rescue and other purposes (kinda like a station boot but better!) are excellent.

They last, they're comfy, and they're actually pretty cute ;)

I had my Thorogood's for about a tw years as duty boots and hated them. The leather didn't hold up good at all, one call in the gravel and the boots toes were trashed. They were light but I thought tehy didn't offer much arch support. since we had to wear department issued boots and only had two choices (Thorogood's or Red Wings) I chose the better of two evils.

We know issue Red Backs, Pro-Warrington Style 3003, Danner STRIKER 45 GTX 4.5", or STRIKER SIDE ZIP GTX NMT 8". I have a pair of the Pro's and Striker 4.5" boots and love them both. The Pro's are a little heavier and the Strikers are light weight. Both have great craftmanship, hold up well, and are comfortable.

I have worn a pair of 8" Thorogood's (don't know the model) for 3 years now, I have blown both side zippers out of them and they are too narrow for my feet (all shoes are when your an EEE) but the upper and sole have lasted well.

• 4 weeks later...

Go with the thorogood station boot. The commando duece was redesigned about two years ago, and the new design sucks. Our department bought everyone a pair and out of 27 pairs, 22 were sent back to thorogood. The second batch we got were a bit better but not much. I got my pair back & put them in the closet. I've worn several styles of thorogood boots, including turnout boots. The duece is the ONLY one I dont like. I personally wear the thorogood station boot now. I love it. If you're hard on a pair of boots, go with a danner.

Craig

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.