TAC EMS peoples

Tac Medics exist because Cops don't care about the training, (I'm guessing, its pretty much the same reason Combat medics exist, if you could teach and infantryman to give a crap about chest seals, IV's etc, you wouldn't need medics.)

I wanna be a tac medic because I don't care about law enforcement, I'd rather be the guy dragging their happy asses out.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK two leads: Heres more:

Grocery shopping in your ninja suit with badge.

Whining to your supervisor because you were out all night with LE trying to catch dead beat dads, bad check writers, and wife beaters and you now have to sleep through morning check off....not exactly TEMS is it?

Bumper stickers (We kill for peace. From Death comes lifeoh and Good medicine in bad places) and those little blue line stickers that imply you are a real LEO.

Thats it for now watch out for thos tactical OOMPALOMPAs We got a female medic that looks just like a tactical version of one of Willie Wonkas little helpers in the chocolate factory when she puts on all the ninja kit...its so cute.

why are you picking on the OOMPALOMPA'S ..........i am one ....... :|:|:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Mntsldr: I cant see where you would get the idea that COPS dont care about medical training. It is their ass on the line. Are you a combat life saver? IF not you need to get your self enrolled through ATTRS. The combat life saver class is the best "TACTICAL" medical class out there to take and oh yes infantry men are the intended audience for this course and its free to military members.

Good luck

SOMEDIC

Perhaps I overstated it a bit, and I am unqualified to speak about cops, not being one.

However, your average infantryman, CLS or not, does not have a significant emphasis on medicine. The next time you're in a CLS course take a minute to watch the soldiers. Are they intently listening to the instructor? Or trying to hide the fact that they keep falling asleep? Trigger pullers would rather be pulling triggers, that is just reality, that is why the EMT's/Medics are around.

Oh, and all soldiers are now required to attend CLS predeployment, so you'll get a lot of opportunities to see those sleeping joes.

I'm not saying that all don't care, but the majority of folks (and my assumption extends to cops) would rather be spending their time training on something they feel is closer to their job description, not sitting in a medical class thinking "isn't this the medic's job?"

"Edited for clarification: I don't agree with the above paragraph, however I do feel it is the common perception."

Mtnsldr, that dragging their asses out Ca Ca only happens in movies. Start living in reality.

All I've done is drag people out of "ca ca", but that was a movie (www.thewartapes.com). My reference was that I have done enough kicking in doors (and I'm about to do another damn year +) and I'm all set with being SWAT. But supporting SWAT from a medical standpoint, that sounds better. I guess I just boiled that all down into "dragging their happy asses out".

Mntsldr: You never answered my question: Are you combat life saver certified? If you are and you had good instructors, You have the best "tactical medic " training already.

Sure there are companies that sell the same info for more $$$ but if you understood TC3 in the course, you have what you need plus you got real experience "kicking" doors Not every self proclaimed TEMS expert can say that.

SOMEDIC

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.