Land of the Fakers

Jess

That is totally scary to even imagine, understanding how the reactive mind works as I'm reading the book by L. Ron Hubbard called Dianetics (The modern science of mental health).

The reactive mind is possessed by everyone. No human being examined anywhere was discovered to be without one or without aberrative content in his ingram bank, the reservoir of data which serves the reactive mind. What does this mind do? it shuts off hearing recall. It places vocal circuits in the mind. It makes people tone - deaf. It makes people stutter. It does anything and everything that can be found in any list of mental ills: psychoses, neuroses, compulsions, repressions.

What can it do? It can give a man arthritis, bursitis, asthma, allergies, sinusitis, coronary trouble, high blood pressure, and so on, down the whole catalog psychosomatic ills, adding a few more which were never specifically classified as psychosomatic, such as the common cold.

Discharge the content of this mind's bank and the arthritis vanishes, myopia gets better, heart illness decreases, asthma disappears, stomachs function properly and the whole catalog of ills goes away and stays away.

Did you know that nitrous oxide (the most vicious anesthetic ever invented, as it is actually not a anesthetic but a hypnotic.

Nothing here should be contstrued to mean that a person only uses or dramatizes sympathy engrams. This is very far from the case. The sympathy gives him/her the chronic psychosomatic illness. He/She can dramatize any engram he/she has when it is restimulated.

So what about Munchausen's by proxy then?

ENGRAMS----a moment of "unconsciousness" containing physical pain or painful emotion and all perceptions, and is not available to the analytical mind as experience . The engram is the single source of aberrations and psychosomatic ills.

ABERRATION:----a departure from rational thought or behavior. From the latin, aberrare, to wonder from: Latin, ab, away, errare, to wander.

ALLY COMPUTATION:----Little more than a mere idiot calculation that anyone who is a friend can be kept a friend only by approximating the conditions wherein the friendship was realized. It is computation on the basis that one can only be safe in the vicinity of certain people and that one can only be in the vicinity of certain people by being sick or crazy or poor and generally disabled.

Francis Bacon---(1561-1626) English philosopher and essayist who insisted that investigation should begin with observable facts rather than with theories.

A woman who has upto this point been happy and carefree until and then suddenly goes into a decline, has not at that moment received an engram (Munchausen's by proxy). She has had an engram key in, which let another key in.

There are three levels of understanding. The first is getting the job done efficiently. Below that is making the patient comfortable. Below that is sympathy. In short, if you can do nothing for a man/woman with a broken back, you can make him/her comfortable. If you cant even make him/her comfortable, you can sympathize with him/her.

The code is simple; Be courteous in his/her treatment, be kind, not giving away to any indulgence of cruelty toward preclears (Munchausen's by proxy), not surrending to any desire to punish. When attending to the pt, be quiet, answering only questions as you see fit that the mother/father should not be given beyond the absolute essentials.

The survival conduct pattern of Munchausen's by proxy, clearly operates more or less automatically on this code /uncommunicative, never giving the MP's any information whatsoever about the case,thats if you suspect this is what appears to be the situation at hand, including evaluations of data that you say maybe less than compared to or compared to more than.

Dub in: the manifestations of putting unknowingly, perceptions which do not in actual fact exist, in the environment

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes. Scientology. A cult based on the belief that we're here because an alien brought us here then blew us up with hydrogen bombs some 75 million years ago. The movement was all created, no less, by a science fiction writer. Who'd have figured that one?

And Dianetics is their "bible".

I guess it takes all types.

-be safe...and use your brain.

I'm reading the book by L. Ron Hubbard called Dianetics (The modern science of mental health).

Perhaps someone more familiar than I can add to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianetics

>Dianetics has been highly controversial since its introduction. The scientific community has never recognized Hubbard's "Modern Science of Mental Health" as a bona fide scientific theory, and it has repeatedly been dismissed in print as pseudoscience or quackery by scientists, medical doctors and science historians. The troubled histories of the organizations established to promote Dianetics have added to the controversy surrounding it.<

>Hubbard's original book on Dianetics attracted highly critical reviews from science and medical writers and organisations.[20] The American Psychological Association passed a resolution in 1950 calling "attention to the fact that these claims are not supported by empirical evidence of the sort required for the establishment of scientific generalizations." [21] See Scientific method.

Subsequently, Dianetics has achieved no general acceptance as a bona fide scientific theory. [22] Many scientifically informed voices have criticized Dianetics as a classic example of pseudoscience.[23]<

Don't want to offend anyone's beliefs; just pointing to the controversy.

I have read with interest everyones views thus far in this thread, and I must say, it is extremely fascinating.

With regards to fakers, I have had my fair share over the seven odd years I spent on the road. Mostly in SA it is fainting that gets faked. I have on more than one occasion felt like using the biggest bore jelco I can find and stick in, but then I remember why I entered this service, what attracted me to this line of work and what keeps me studying and sucking up information.

Yes I know lots of you will say "here comes the old BS story", but I truly and honestly entered this line of work cause I get immense joy out of helping people. If they fake it, I do everything that is needed in front of the family, since 90% of the time that is the reason for the faking. Once we start the transport, I do not allow any family member in the back with me. It is then that I would try and find out from the patient why he or she is wasting my time. Should it be something I might be able to help with, if not I make sure they get the help they need.

As for the Dianetics story, I prefer looking at it this way. Sure I do not agree with everything Hubbard says in it (I must admit I read the first three chapters, set the book down and never opened it again). Should you look at the other side of the coin on this one, bear in mind that some of the most brilliant scientists of the previous century, ie: Einstein was also seen as a cast out etc etc since he did not conform to the historical way of thinking or doing things.

Just my thoughts

Regards

S

I would like someone who isnt going to judge me because I dont show signs after I've called 911 if I'm experiencing problems with my breathing then I know it's anxiety and not asthma, but what if it is asthma and I dont call??

That's why EMS in our city said when your caught in a situation and you think you dont need to call them, they have this motto that says; DONT SECOND GUESS, CALL EMS!

Of course its a no win situation when you look at it, it's just ok maybe its not what you were hoping for but your faced with it.

The dilema is a sad one, and you the ambulance driver (sorry I had to say it) cared enough to help, maybe I should call you Mother Teresa, she had a heart of gold, she didnt have 2 cents to rub together but the faith in her God.

Be thankful that the situation at hand wasnt all blood and gore and yes someone out there could of been, but if you always keep saying what if and nothing happens at least you helped that soul who was experiencing some type of an emotional unbalance.

You say your training was NOT to coddle those fakers, what these people need is a kind word regardless whether they are bleeding out so bad that you cant save them or a smile, a hug and a few kind words.

Then at the end of my shift I can thank God that today was a good one, and thank him that no one died today.

Whether you believe in God or not at least I know who is in control...

This is very interesting, I've heard some of these before, specifically MS, but I haven't looked it up at all. Wikipedia is a great source of information and I learned a lot. Come to think of it now, I used to work in a pharmacy before where I work now(I'm just a vol. basic/ff). I've definitely seen some cases similar to this where people are just trying to get meds. Or they are always running the kid to the doctor to get 30 kinds of allergy meds. Now I have rough allergies, but one medication keeps me sane wtih out any side effects. Some of the stuff people are on really scares me. And the doctors are really uneducated in what they are prescribing. I'm not a pharmacist, but of course I've asked them questions out of curiosity, you know, when things just don't seem right. There is a serious problem in this country, there are doctors that will prescribe anything to their patients. Now I'm not saying there aren't people out there with serious disorders/illnesses, but some of these drugs are just unnecessary.

Sort of goes in hand with the people who have a handicapped plackard/plate on their veichle. How many are actually full of caca? My mom had reconstructive surgery last year where she could barely walk for almost two months and the thought never once crossed her mind about getting a plackard. Where as you have some people that are just lazy or they have a minor pain which can be easily delt with or corrected.

just my .02

We used to have a kid (20 something, kid to me :? ) who would fake seizures in order to get Valium. He was damned good and fooled many crews, once the word got out though he quit having seizures. I remember one night he was at the local homeless shelter and was having a "seizure." I knelt next to him and told him he wasn't going to get Valium, he went from actively seizing to trying to kick and hit me. I never treated him with disrespect, I just would let him know we are not playing this game. Like I said in time his seizures stopped and he found new and exciting ways to call for an ambulance.

As far as Scientology goes, you really need to look into it further to understand what its about. The basis for Scientology is just what Paramedicmike said, I will not hijack this thread but I suggest you look into other sites like this and decide if you want to be a part of something like Scientology.

http://www.xenu.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu

http://www.xenutv.com/

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/xenu/

Each of us must have our own faith, I just hope you are informed before you jump on that train.

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

We are all i am sure, understaffed, need better equipment, better stations, more course and resources etc.... now you think if we were able to discourage 40% of all fakers from going to the hospital and tying up our truck for the transport to hospital etc, do you realize we could probably afford, more staff better trucks and equipment, higher wages and benefits etc.

By the time you call 911, get an ambulance and maybe an als truck dispatched as well, depending on your dispatch agreement maybe fire was sent as well, transport to hospital, lots of unnecessary test in emerg for 4 or 5 hours that is literally thousands of dollars.

And people say that its not our problem..well your wrong... My Best Friend died because it took an ambulance 30 minutes to get to him because the local ambulance was tied up at a fake unconscious after a lady was caught for shoplifting.

If there is any doubt in my mind if it is real or not , they are treated to the best and scope of my ability...

Patient care means alot to me I want to be the best that I can be but fakers really need to be taught...no difference for the newspaper on the dogs nose to train them

Walrus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.