How I hate thee firefighters, let me count the ways....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe what Im reading here. You stretcher people/ambulance drivers are the biggest bunch of crybaby bitc hes Ive ever seen! I can understand a little frustration with you guys not being able to do your thing with a maltese cross on your back, but put down the hoho's, quit smoking, and go for a run. Your local FD will be hiring again soon!

This animosity and mutual encouragement is like a sad circle jerk of biblical proportions, starring Richard Simmons's target audience.

So now its time to make a choice. Type about how ignorant I am of how hardcore life in EMS is (even though I am in it up to my eyeballs), or (this is what I would do, but most people choose corroboration ahead of good advice) stfu, get off the internet, and do something productive with your day (NOT dungeons and dragons!).

ANd by day, I mean 9pm-3am. God knows you sundowners see less sunlight than the average eyeliner and panty hose wearing goth outcasts you went to high school with. Which also may have been.... you.

By posting what i posted i did not mean to imply that you were ignorant. I hope you did not take is as such. However after two yrs of schooling i prefer not to be called a stretcher person/ ambulance driver. thanks.

As far as putting down the HoHo's and quitting smoking, well i don't know about the rest of you all but i don't eat many sweets nor do i smoke. i do go to the gym when im off of my 24 hr shift. My EMS dept's budget isn't near what our fire dept's is so we don't have an in house wieght and work out room like the fire service here does.

I cant believe what Im reading here. You stretcher people/ambulance drivers are the biggest bunch of crybaby bitc hes Ive ever seen! I can understand a little frustration with you guys not being able to do your thing with a maltese cross on your back, but put down the hoho's, quit smoking, and go for a run. Your local FD will be hiring again soon!

This animosity and mutual encouragement is like a sad circle jerk of biblical proportions, starring Richard Simmons's target audience.

So now its time to make a choice. Type about how ignorant I am of how hardcore life in EMS is (even though I am in it up to my eyeballs), or (this is what I would do, but most people choose corroboration ahead of good advice) stfu, get off the internet, and do something productive with your day (NOT dungeons and dragons!).

ANd by day, I mean 9pm-3am. God knows you sundowners see less sunlight than the average eyeliner and panty hose wearing goth outcasts you went to high school with. Which also may have been.... you.

Awwww, lookit the cute little wannabe fireman. What's the matter, someone not let you ride on the big red engine again? I don't smoke., I don't eat ho ho's or any other of your white trash food that comes to mind, so why don't you take your ignorant, posing superhero ass someplace else. You'll never be a success at fire or EMS, so why do you even bother?

It always has to be the guy from East Redneckland, Florida Fire/Rescue who has to run his mouth doesn't it? Sorry if I offend anyone else from Jebby Bushland, but if Florida's idea of being brave is running your mouth behind a computer screen, it doesn't say much for Fire or EMS there. Eh, what do I care, this guy's probably just mad that momma yelled at him for knocking over the pink flamingos in front of the trailer again or something.

Sounds like an right Coast, Mid-West, Canadian problem. Water's great in Washington State.

Did that stir this pot??? Can's we all just get along with out stereo typing "All Firefighters" or "All Paramedics?"

chill_pill.jpg

Actually take 4, its obvious you have no sense of humor. Learn to take a joke, learn to laugh, just like everyone laughs at your pathetic little penis when you shower at the gym.

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

P.S. See I can be an asshole too, did it prove anything? NO, so what is the point of your petty little insults? :roll:

Waa!...Waaa!!. I agree with Ays.. wanna be ! Must have passed that physcial agility test.. well good for yyou ! That will help you, when you carry my equipment.

Actually, I did the line firefighting, yes there are some good ones.. and then ther are ...whoa boy! There is a reason they have academy type schools, and paramilitary structure ranks. C'mon even some of the most seasoned ones will tell you some are definitely cut out only as task management material... "see fire.... run in and. put fire out!... come back outside.. okay?".. Yes, we have idiots too..

I work well with my F.D, the medics are just card carrying members only, but do pack my stuff in and out.. and I help them when I can. Unfortunately, this is like a lot FD's only on certain shifts etc.. A lot of FD's resent EMS and really could care less about EMS, as much as most EMS could care less about Fire Service.

We are medical .. period. Wherever that might be.

R/r 911

In my are there are alot of cocky/arrogant ems units that always give us attitude and think we're idiots.

On average we make 25% more money, work 80% less, get better benefits, and get alot more respect from the community and family.....now you tell me who's the idiot.

We've had 4 or 5 or them see the light and go through fire school and get hired at our department. Their great guys and fit it decently enough and now laugh at their former co-workers for not making the same career decisions.

Say all the bad things you want.......i sleep through most nights and get up and work a second job while ems people run their ass off all night and sleep the day away.

On a side note i'm going to paramedic school in a couple months....which is not only going to be paid for buy the department but they are also paying me for the hours i'm in class. How you like them apples?

In my are there are alot of cocky/arrogant ems units that always give us attitude and think we're idiots.

On average we make 25% more money, work 80% less, get better benefits, and get alot more respect from the community and family.....now you tell me who's the idiot.

We've had 4 or 5 or them see the light and go through fire school and get hired at our department. Their great guys and fit it decently enough and now laugh at their former co-workers for not making the same career decisions.

Say all the bad things you want.......i sleep through most nights and get up and work a second job while ems people run their ass off all night and sleep the day away.

On a side note i'm going to paramedic school in a couple months....which is not only going to be paid for buy the department but they are also paying me for the hours i'm in class. How you like them apples?

Not bad for a institution that does not require education. I agree the fire has great benefits, and great pay, but like all other services they too are beginning to get looked at as wasted money. If it was not for ISO ratings, I can assure you there would be a lot less of them.

Many cities are now examining privatization since fire incidences has been reduced. The old "did such a great job. put ourself out of business" theory. These private industries dont have or pay the same as cities, but cost much less to operate and do not have to deal with Union issues as well.

R/r 911