Who here drinks too much?

Do you think you drink too much?  

66 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, I think I have a serious problem.
    • I think I drink more than most, but its not a problem.
    • I drink only moderately.
    • I rarely drink.
    • I don't drink at all.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many of us in EMS that like to have a beer at the end of a shift to relax and reflect upon the day passed, as indeed we do tend to socialize in the same circles, and often alcohol is a factor here as well. This doesn't turn us into alcoholics automatically. I like a drink .....and yes, sometimes I drink too much. That's not because I need to forget, but because I like to try different beers and have a passion for good quality brews. Take next year for example, I'll be visiting the east coast ostensibly to provide my dutch colleagues with a ride-along with EMS in the US. A lot of the time I'll be spending in brewpubs trying their wares. Does this mean I have a problem?

Carl

Unfortunately or fortunately i am not able to enjoy the pleasures and general anesthetic properties of ETOH. Actually it is a good thing. I did like to drink i won't lie however i do know that i could easily slip in to that drowning your sorrows bit if i could, but it has nothing to do with work.

Be Safe

Race

I myself don't feel like I drink too much. However, if you ask some, they will tell you that I am probably a drunk because I will occassionally have a drink to shut my mind off. Otherwise I will stay up all night long thinking about everything...I am a fun drunk though...I like to pinch male's nipples when I have been drinking. Although I don't have to be drinking to pinch my husband's. I love his nipples.

Cynic

Wow .. I think about it now and can't believe the years that are a blur from the alcohol I consumed when I first was divorced. I became a single mom of 2, worked 6 days a week as a bartender in the pub, and probably drank 4-5 days a week. Not a couple of beverages after work, I drank till the bar closed. Looking back, I shake my head in personal disgust the days that I lost due to being intoxicated beyond words. It wasn't until I met Mr. I not only like to drink more than you, but toss in some physical violence and it was amazing how quickly the desire to drink disappeared. I lost alot of time in my life due to booze. Now its hard for me to finish a beer on a hot summer day.. Not that we get many of those the past little while :? I can still sit and enjoy a bottle of wine with my dinner, but its not with the intention of becoming a babbling fool. I can do that just fine without a drink.

Thats my input... Sorry get started and there is no pause button on my keyboard.

I kinda let things get out of control after I was divorced back in the late 80's. I shaped up and got myself back together again. As I have gotton older, an occasional glass of wine with dinner. Never been a beer drinker. Mostly whiskey when I did drink. Of course, now, I am on meds for another issue that if I drink, I get a horrendous headache. Just give me my smokes and I will be fine. Of course, now that I am a seller on Ebay, I have to watch that too as I don't want my items going out smelling of smoke.

When I was younger, and just starting out, getting hammered was just the way you dealt with, or refused to deal with situations you encountered in ems, I however have a great support staff as far as family and friends. Grabbing a case of beer, and a 5th and heading to the beach is now the exception not the norm. Not only for the simple reason that if I acted that way now I wouldnt be able to get out of bed for the 3 days..lol. After some days I do wonder if returning to the beach in a drunken stupor would not be the worst treatment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.