1st episode of Saved

We watched the white sox game.

Lets see this was my day.

Calls

1. 60 yo Fall in the bathroom, no injuries

2. 87 yo Diabetic BS of 30, woken up.

3. 38 yo MVA low speed (5mph), one pt, was under arrest, suspended lic. decided he had face pain.

4. Cath run.

5. Psych. fled scene no pt.

6. 46 yo Incarsiritis. Claimed he had bloody bubbles coming from his chest and head.

7. Cath run

8. MVA, no injuries.

9. 14 yo Lightheaded/dizzy.

10. 78 yo Chest pain. no cardiac hx.

Doesn't really make for interesting television. Matter of fact I could barely stay awake.

On my group we tend not to watch shows that deal with EMS/fire. More sports. If it gets good reviews here I will give it a watch.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the show. 2 thumbs down :!: :!:

Full of inaccuracies even in the smallest of details. Never once saw either of the paramedics with cloves on, let alone when they delivered a baby.

May watch it next week for a second opinion, but I doubt much will change. Just my thoughts.

Wow...even as a basic the inaccuracies were distracting....

But put those aside for a sec...Haven't we seen the young, rebellious medic, doctor, student, fireman, cop ad nauseum ?

Was there an original thought in the entire episode?

Pretty poor acting, the storyline so predictable that I got impatient waiting for what I already know was going to happen next.

And the best I can tell (with the exception of the woman at the end) if you're a paramedic, just showing up will cure you...no patient contact seems necessary beyond "you're gonna be fine"

Pretty poor showing....maybe they need time to grow...

Dwayne

etfink wrote:

Time to be a contrairian...

OK all of the criticism was 100% accurate but come on what do we expect? This is "drama", entertainment to the unwashed masses. This show is dealing with a highly technical profession. I challenge you out there to find me a show about another profession that is accurate.

Rescue Me? Cop Shows? Oh wait how about military shows? Alias that was realistic right? How about The Unit? As I have stated in earlier posts I have a BS in Nuclear Engineering. I have never seen radiation or Nuclear Power realistically portrayed.

I for one am glad to see EMS portrayed at all performing procedures. Anything helps people understand that we don't just drive the ambo. Granted I wish it was technically more accurate but if that's what you want that's why there is Discovery Health.

I'm sorry if I'm rambling, I'm in the middle of a 48.

-What do we expect...well for starters, I would like to see more accuracy!

-Never seen radiation or Nuc Power realistically portrayed...of course not! Just like you don't see true lock picking...It's a security issue! But you can realistically portray what we do without risking security.

-Anything helps people understand that we don't just drive the ambo...evidentally we all like to screw in the box too! That's a real good understanding of what we do! :roll: Now when people call for an ambulance, they'll be wondering if we cleaned up after our 'job'. So much for a clean/sterile environment for patient care. :roll:

(i'm not slamming, just replying to your comments)

i think most of us agree this show was poor in quality. It's a shame, but like etfink stated...this is a drama geared at normal folk.

just my .02¢

We watched the white sox game.

Lets see this was my day.

Calls

1. 60 yo Fall in the bathroom, no injuries

2. 87 yo Diabetic BS of 30, woken up.

3. 38 yo MVA low speed (5mph), one pt, was under arrest, suspended lic. decided he had face pain.

4. Cath run.

5. Psych. fled scene no pt.

6. 46 yo Incarsiritis. Claimed he had bloody bubbles coming from his chest and head.

7. Cath run

8. MVA, no injuries.

9. 14 yo Lightheaded/dizzy.

10. 78 yo Chest pain. no cardiac hx.

Doesn't really make for interesting television. Matter of fact I could barely stay awake.

Your 100% right, just like most cop shows aren't what really happens. Sometimes I wonder if it would help if people knew what really goes on. Most are clueless as to what we do all day, what we know, and that most states have more then two levels of providers. Heck I met a nurse today that didn't even know could push drugs.

I think 90% of the people who replied here need to take a vacation...they are over reacting to a freaking non-fiction TV show geared towards drama. It is only TV, most educated people understand that concept. If you conduct yourself in a mannor that is that of how a medic should be, then you won't have anything to worry about.

oh i watched it, i almost needed 02 during the part when the "john the baptist" had stolen the rig. speaking of 02, did no one notice the bag on the non-rebreather mask NEVER inflated? maybe they should have tried TURNING THE OXYGEN ON. but enough of my rantings about it. to sum it up, it was crap

The EMS side of the show was absurd, but I probably could have forgiven that part if it weren't for what's either bad acting or terrible writing. I can't tell which; maybe both. The show was just plain boring in my opinion, aside from any issues I have with the image it presents/procedural inaccuracies.

Oh well!

Forget the title of the show.. What are you watching, beside drama, remember it isn't aimed at US, it's aimed at every network viewer.

What did I see?

BRINGING OUT THE DEAD - 2

Crazy guy with the bull horn? Where did I see that before? Sister Fetus (The lady with the fetus necklace)

Crazy guy that thinks he's John the Baptist w/ an injury-runs away from the hospital in a gown? Noel...

LED action w/ music and odd views? Opening of BOTD

Sweet female dispatcher????

Do we see a pattern?

To add to the inaccuracies, how about the OD that was being bagged while he was sitting, and the mask wasn't even being held to the pt.'s face. I know someone touched on not wearing gloves, espeacally with the pregnant pt. Thats just nasty. And we so calm, not to mention the baby looked more than just a newborn.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.